Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

those look good taff, grats.

cloneprops buckle definately helps them alot.

also thanks for the info on the strap material, ive been looking for that for awhile now.

do you have any plans to try and mod the uppers to be more movie accurate?

Taff83, I looked all over ebay (and else where) for the smooth white leatherette, can you inbox me where you got it from?

I will track back my purchases on eBay if I can and find the seller, please understand I bought that leatherette about 3 months ago and I order roughly 1 item or more everyday from eBay.

If I find the seller or if I come across it I will let you guys know. This is basically the stuff though( not the exact one I got like but it's a different seller with different Name and grain is fine by the looks of it) type into eBay.co.uk WHITE - FAUX LEATHER / LEATHERETTE UPHOLSTERY FABRIC.

I will search more though as I know it's a nightmare when someone can't link exactly where they got it, so I do understand folks and will do my best to find the exact stuff I have used and share on here.

Lore - I don't plan on hacking up the actual upper on the shoe just yet, I will await the v2 second batch before I make that choice :)

Last edited:
Lore - I don't plan on hacking up the actual upper on the shoe just yet, I will await the v2 second batch before I make that choice :)

I understand. lemme ask a slightly different question then - having them in hand, what do you think the potential would be for accuratizing the uppers, given how they are put together?

I understand. lemme ask a slightly different question then - having them in hand, what do you think the potential would be for accuratizing the uppers, given how they are put together?

Well toe fix, use metal rod inserts at the top of the cuff to bring it in more(pm me if you want a video tutorial on this), correct the eyeholes by making them slightly bigger to remove stitching currently there and personally that would be it. I took them to a electrician today and he got around the 5volt mark, he told me most USB charged devices run on 5v as well so that was good to know.

Here are some pics I have taken on a Lumix G3 16.1 megapixel digital camera that I have borrowed from a friend, seriously these shoes are the best knockoff out there possibly till the 2nd batch of v2's arrive, I call these the impatient mags as once you buy them you feel a weight lifted off your shoulders and if you have the cash buy a pair or two of the next batch, or tbh batches to follow depending on sales. that's my opinion anyway.

I spoke to Karin Chen and sent her pics of my v2's with the strap and told her to send the pics to the factories and quote "if I can fix your strap in my 2 bedroom flat why can you not do this in a factory?" She then LOL'd and said she would and really liked what had been done to the shoes which I was happy about ;)

I have taken allot more photos so if anyone wants anymore let me know, Enjoy!

Last edited:
well toe fix, use metal rod inserts at the top of the cuff to bring it in more(pm me if you want a video tutorial on this), correct the eyeholes by making them slightly bigger to remove stitching currently there and personally that would be it. I took them to a electrician today and he got around the 5volt mark, he told me most usb charged devices run on 5v as well so that was good to know.

Here are some pics i have taken on a lumix g3 16.1 megapixel digital camera that i have borrowed from a friend, seriously these shoes are the best knockoff out there possibly till the 2nd batch of v2's arrive, i call these the impatient mags as once you buy them you feel a weight lifted off your shoulders and if you have the cash buy a pair or two of the next batch, or tbh batches to follow depending on sales. That's my opinion anyway.

I spoke to karin chen and sent her pics of my v2's with the strap and told her to send the pics to the factories and quote "if i can fix your strap in my 2 bedroom flat why can you not do this in a factory?" she then lol'd and said she would and really liked what had been done to the shoes which i was happy about ;)

i have taken allot more photos so if anyone wants anymore let me know, enjoy!

Mother-Of-God!!! Yes more Photos!!! They Look Gorgeous!!!

Last edited:
Pm me your email address and I will forward on my best 15 pics :)

The toe box is on the cards just not straight away, when I do that I will be doing the el in the sole but that wont happen till I see the second batch of v2's, as you can imagine.

I want to finish the buckles then solve how to get the lights going on one switch.

Oh I checked through my eBay records and PayPal and can't find the company name I got the leatherette from but I did stumble across this site maybe worth getting in touch with them and finding out if it they can send a sample.

Vinyl Fabric White Smooth 137cm wide - Smooth - Leatherette Vinyl Fabric - Table Protector £5.99 mt, Oilcloth, Wipe Clean Tablecloth

Edit - Karin Chen is going to try and get me the wiring diagram for these shoes from her contacts at the factory, I will keep you all updated on that if/when I get it, from there I can solve how to have one operating switch rather than two :)

Last edited:
These look way better on your feet than just on a box :) That toe box is actually disturbing me now as I does look "work bootish". They are clearly not the full height, but they do look good. I hope you don't actually hack these, rather build your red EL MAGs as a scratch build.

Just a new mod with two blue leds (not el panel) and a cr 2032 battery (i use the shoe switch to light on !

IMG_20121231_125515_zps7ed13667.jpg

These look way better on your feet than just on a box :) That toe box is actually disturbing me now as I does look "work bootish". They are clearly not the full height, but they do look good. I hope you don't actually hack these, rather build your red EL MAGs as a scratch build.

well i will have a little more progress on my black/red mags(sorry for posting this off topic paragraph) as the micro torch switches have just arrived today so i can finish off the cuffs, then i just have tongues and soles to do/finish, after that i can assemble and they are done :)

Ye i really don't think these need hacked up just yet if at all, i wore them out last night to a indoor arcade, don't worry i wasn't outdoors in them and now i know why they are called neck breakers by that boy in the youtube video's, to people who don't know the detail on the originals they apparently look like the real thing :D since we have had so many people point out the flaws in these we see it but to the untrained eye they look legit, imagine a photo surfaced of these a year ago, i would think they were real but this year we have had allot of people spot these flaws so we are at a level where these are not accurate enough.

I think turn the clock back to 2011 and have a look at these, 100% everyone would be buying them and for $250 that's a deal, ok $250 is allot for a knock off but its not like they are $100-$200 away from the real thing like all other knock offs on the market, they are $1000's difference.

Reididtenroc very nice mate! can i ask and don't think i'm being cheeky i'm only curious why you didn't use EL like the real thing :confused also what mAh is your cr2032 3v battery and is it rechargeable?
Your strap needs put onto the other shoe as well as the velcro is on the inside of the shoe, just incase you didnt know :)

I will be replacing my Nokia mobile phone batteries currently installed in my straps to digital camera batteries to reduce size and weight also i get 1300mAh, my Nokia ones i ordered are 2500mAh but the battery is bigger which i dont want. its ok though as i can use them in Cloneprops pedestals when the time comes :D

Last edited:
Your strap needs put onto the other shoe as well as the velcro is on the inside of the shoe, just incase you didnt know :)

:D

Thanks for this tips :thumbsup

My cr 2032 is just a lithium battery.

You can see more on the pics below !

I have used hot glue and make the two leds at left an right on the hot glue square to difuse the light !

If i have used led and not el it's just for the fun and because it's most intersting (i think) to use the same switcht for all the shoe ! And with this system it's possible, with converter i'm not sure ?

And for the problem with the battery size !

IMG_20121231_132043_zps990b4f4c.jpg

IMG_201_zps90f31953.jpg

IMG_20121231_150032_zpse876c46e.jpg

IMG_20121231_145942_zpsae9d7e95.jpg

IMG_20121231_125354_zps4018d8ae.jpg

Last edited:
nicely done! i love it when people do there own thing on these, good job dude!

Can i ask, you stated the light works off one switch which is the one on the shoe itself, can you tell me what positive cable is the battery and what positive cable is for the leds in the soles and heels?

I want to solder on one of the positives but i'm scared i connect the wrong one (the battery positive) and something goes wrong.

If you have a photo of the switch with your soldered positive cable that would be great! and thanks for sharing your photo's :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back