Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

No took the EL out of mine, converting mine to LED. Just made a mold for the domes, and I will be embedding the LEDs into those. Should make it much much more reliable.

I've been thinking about these broken wire/join issue and wonder if it is possible to embed these parts in the clear flexible rubber. You would know how it self levels and how high it sits when poured. Once cured, it should provide a fully insulated connection that bends.

No took the EL out of mine, converting mine to LED. Just made a mold for the domes, and I will be embedding the LEDs into those. Should make it much much more reliable.
Oh gotcha. Yeah I can understand that. I guess I'm just really partial to EL. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I can understand that. I guess I'm just really partial to EL. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

We all seem to love EL because it lights evenly. LEDs tend to have a brighter point or a hot spot. The GITD also lights evenly like EL, just not bright for long enough. It is possible however to use the brightness of LED to light a false panel that illuminates evenly.

We all seem to love EL because it lights evenly. LEDs tend to have a brighter point or a hot spot. The GITD also lights evenly like EL, just not bright for long enough. It is possible however to use the brightness of LED to light a false panel that illuminates evenly.
That would be amazing. How difficult would that be?

I have a colorimeter, so I can actually take reading of the light, know bright it is and what the exact colour the panel actually is. When I measured my so called "aqua" panels last year, blue was at 180% to green at 100% when running off the standard 12V mini inverter (15mm long).

White EL was also way too blue. In fact I had to add two filters of yellow to make the light read as white. So what I am saying is that if you connected these to green EL, you would get cyan because of the very intense blue push would bias the green light. No bulk, just knowing what these do and then taking the next step to make it close to what we want.
If I'm not mistaken, isn't green el panel green even when off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I wonder if anyone has broken their EL on their 2016 Nike MAGs.

I want to know if anyone has burned out the power lacing (E.A.R.L.) motor yet? Sorry, it is a gimmick. The idea that a shoe like this would be of benefit to the disabled is questionable. They still have to bend down to put on a sock.

I want to know if anyone has burned out the power lacing (E.A.R.L.) motor yet? Sorry, it is a gimmick. The idea that a shoe like this would be of benefit to the disabled is questionable. They still have to bend down to put on a sock.

Is Nike actually marketing the Nike MAG for the disabled?

I've been thinking about these broken wire/join issue and wonder if it is possible to embed these parts in the clear flexible rubber. You would know how it self levels and how high it sits when poured. Once cured, it should provide a fully insulated connection that bends.

That's the plan! I have embedded leds in plastic before and they are incredibly strong. I wont be worried about the LEDS going out with this method. The wiring coming out of the domes getting worn through, I am still thinking about. Embedding the LEDS into the material makes it a lot easier to diffuse you can just add white pigment. I put the LEDS on an acrylic sheet and lay that on top of the mold and it will allow me to adjust the depth too and positions. It gets a really even light (with enough LEDS) its brighter then the EL too.

Attachments

• IMG_1990.JPG
    IMG_1990.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 141
That's the plan! I have embedded leds in plastic before and they are incredibly strong. I wont be worried about the LEDS going out with this method. The wiring coming out of the domes getting worn through, I am still thinking about. Embedding the LEDS into the material makes it a lot easier to diffuse you can just add white pigment. I put the LEDS on an acrylic sheet and lay that on top of the mold and it will allow me to adjust the depth too and positions. It gets a really even light (with enough LEDS) its brighter then the EL too.

Yeah cool. If you tint the rubber white and a CYAN (called aqua) LED(s) embedded, the light will be white with the lights off and glow cyan, brighter than EL when tuned on. I like it.

Got my QC pics tonight. The left shoe looks perfect apart from a slight mis-alignment in the strap logo. The right has some small glue spots along the mid-sole. Over all they look great and i look forward to getting these in hand.

Got my QC pics tonight. The left shoe looks perfect apart from a slight mis-alignment in the strap logo. The right has some small glue spots along the mid-sole. Over all they look great and i look forward to getting these in hand.

would you be able to post up the pics, i would like to see them. also how long has it been since you ordered the shoes to actually receiving the pictures?

Nice one Cav! Finally took the bait ey! You gonna try stick that sturdy insole in, or you intend to rip out the electronics immediately?

I'm still waiting on my replacement pair's qc pics. It's been 6 days. cavx how are the soles? Same, yellower, or clearer?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back