Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

So can anyone fix this for me ?? please !!!
IMG_8571.JPG

No wonder I keep I breaking my MAGs...

attachment.php

Split again!

I did get to meet Claudia :)

Attachments

• 15085706_10209834547593471_3162925351028435049_n.jpg
    15085706_10209834547593471_3162925351028435049_n.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
I know if you use one of the 3v or 9v inverters that we all used on the V2s, the el in the shoes will light up more of a blue color than aqua. I wonder if you used a different el panel with the inverter in the shoe if it would even light up the correct color?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This is a good point as it seems EL works off frequency where the higher the frequency, the more blue the light appears. This explains why my white EL sheet was blue with the 12V inverters I was using.

Therefore if you were to use a green EL sheet with these inverters, you should get cyan. The inverter ups the frequency adding blue to the light. Green plus Blue equals Cyan.

No clue really scared to open them up to find out

Try pressing your thumb hard in different places with the shoe on. It will give you a good idea where the problem is. Try the center of the el panel first, then try the large dome...then above the large dome on the fabric area. Most likely your EL panel failing in the center though, it can somehow cause both domes to go out...not just the front one. I've seen a front dome go out, then a few minutes later the whole thing went out. Here's a pic holding the EL panel over a light, you can see how small the connections inside it are.

Attachments

• IMG_1989.JPG
    IMG_1989.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 201
Try pressing your thumb hard in different places with the shoe on. It will give you a good idea where the problem is. Try the center of the el panel first, then try the large dome...then above the large dome on the fabric area. Most likely your EL panel failing in the center though, it can somehow cause both domes to go out...not just the front one. I've seen a front dome go out, then a few minutes later the whole thing went out. Here's a pic holding the EL panel over a light, you can see how small the connections inside it are.
its the el panel around the large dome area, I opened up my mag and the connectors are fine the panel is the ine giving me problems

This is a good point as it seems EL works off frequency where the higher the frequency, the more blue the light appears. This explains why my white EL sheet was blue with the 12V inverters I was using.

Therefore if you were to use a green EL sheet with these inverters, you should get cyan. The inverter ups the frequency adding blue to the light. Green plus Blue equals Cyan.

I have found a few guys who have built circuits with arduinos made to shift the color back and forth between blue and aqua but they are far too big to fit into our shoes. I'm hoping to find a simpler solution as we wouldn't need to be able to shift between colors, just need it fixed at aqua.

I have found a few guys who have built circuits with arduinos made to shift the color back and forth between blue and aqua but they are far too big to fit into our shoes. I'm hoping to find a simpler solution as we wouldn't need to be able to shift between colors, just need it fixed at aqua.

I have a colorimeter, so I can actually take reading of the light, know bright it is and what the exact colour the panel actually is. When I measured my so called "aqua" panels last year, blue was at 180% to green at 100% when running off the standard 12V mini inverter (15mm long).

White EL was also way too blue. In fact I had to add two filters of yellow to make the light read as white. So what I am saying is that if you connected these to green EL, you would get cyan because of the very intense blue push would bias the green light. No bulk, just knowing what these do and then taking the next step to make it close to what we want.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back