Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

You're right. EL when done by us modders is 100% reliable if done right. The main issue here is that they have calculated it's size to be perfect in the cutout, so the foam pushes on it hard from both directions. Such an easy fix to just shave 2mm off all around. The best thing you can do to counteract it, is to add a stiff sole insert, followed by a softer one on top. I'm sure I read on this thread that someone else did that with his v3s and they've lasted so far.

Yep, that was me, but I put in an insole which has both hard and soft components already joined together.
insole.jpg
This'll probably be the third time I've posted this but oh well. They're called Footcare Ultra Sport. I've found with other shoes if you put multiple insoles in, they tend to slip around a bit, so this one-piece set is generally better (or glued down if you're just using regular insoles.) I originally put a set of these in my V2's and they lasted a long time too, longer than most other people I heard of. And I suppose I do only wear my V3's once every couple of weeks, but when I do, it's all day and lots of walking. So far (knock on wood) no problems..... But if the lights break I'll just have an excuse to wear them more, lol.

I had had a pair of the V2's seized by Irish customs last year when they arrived into the country.

Where were yours seized and did they give you any option to oppose the seizure. I was threatened with legal action by Nike for attempting to import counterfeit goods into the country unless I declared that I thought they were genuine and I was happy for them to be destroyed.
John

I received my V3 today from sneakerahead the first shipment was confiscated at customs so they sent a replacement without the box.
How do we charge the lights? and where is the switch?

Thanks

Here in the USA no option to oppose the seizure.

I had had a pair of the V2's seized by Irish customs last year when they arrived into the country.

Where were yours seized and did they give you any option to oppose the seizure. I was threatened with legal action by Nike for attempting to import counterfeit goods into the country unless I declared that I thought they were genuine and I was happy for them to be destroyed.
John

I have to send the tracking number I received the shoes with no box and charger

No way, I though of all the countries that wouldn't seize them it would be the USA.

What did you need to show David Jones to get him to agree to send you another pair? And was the replacement free of charge?

John

My lights gave up and I had to pay for a replacement shoe, I was charged $157.50. When I asked why i am being charged more they say it is because the people who are paying 120 bought them for 599 before they where reduced. I got them at the current price so apparently have to pay more.

It's not right, but I figured I'd have bought a broken pair for that much.

Last edited:
If you have never worn them, how did the lights break?

I got these from david himself, i do alot of buissnis with him with other shoes he sells.
He knows i am active on the rpf and i am into mags he sold me this pair, its just a pair
from before production of all the v3's we have, so technicly a sort of sample v3. But nothing different than the other v3's
the electronics are just not correct in this pair. Ill try to make pictures today

So Rebecca has picked up the money. She then emailed me saying this "hello, sorry, we should be given 2-4 days to prepare the shoes" is that normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
So Rebecca has picked up the money. She then emailed me saying this "hello, sorry, we should be given 2-4 days to prepare the shoes" is that normal?
Yes, sometimes if they don't have the size on hand, they have to make them.

When I use LEDs instead of el panel people keep mentioning "hot spots".. when A light reaches a certain brightness iPhones can't focus on it. It doesn't look like a hotspot in person but the camera lens will pick it up as a hotspot meaning there are no hotspots in person. I made my stuff so there wouldn't be I adjusted brightness so there wouldn't be. I'm well past hotspots cavx

They picked up the money last night. Should get pics tonight hopefully. I asked for a clean pair with no stains and not a pair that was rejected by another buyer. Let's see how that goes.

And speaking of other camera anomalies... Check out this weird thing that happened. cavx

Attachments

• IMG_8238.MOV
    8.6 MB · Views: 215
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back