Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Wow... What is that based off of?
Lot of time and efforts to figure out the correct shape by mofifying a sketch at first, then, I've used the RD pattern but modified it (on little details but every hanges are noticeable on every test shoe I made) to get closer to the picture of the Mags I have in mind (wich is a mix of the RDs and the Movie Prop)

The real 2011 MAG patterns were published a few years ago.
A few of us worked to break down what we needed to make a shoe. This is the result of at least 18 months work.
For me, it's gonna be almost a year since I made my first try to build up these shoes :) (right after the 2015 non release of the MAGs :/ )

I think I've understood every aspect of it and all the how to do them (the Upper I mean) expect the white collars where I still have a problem with but I figured out a way to make them good (not as good as I want but that'll do the job for now)

Lot of time and efforts to figure out the correct shape by mofifying a sketch at first, then, I've used the RD pattern but modified it (on little details but every hanges are noticeable on every test shoe I made) to get closer to the picture of the Mags I have in mind (wich is a mix of the RDs and the Movie Prop)

For me, it's gonna be almost a year since I made my first try to build up these shoes :) (right after the 2015 non release of the MAGs :/ )

I think I've understood every aspect of it and all the how to do them (the Upper I mean) expect the white collars where I still have a problem with but I figured out a way to make them good (not as good as I want but that'll do the job for now)
That's awesome! What model did you start with before modding them into these?

lookin' great, RVLF!
I really wish I'd learned to sew when I was younger..... skateboarding and BMXing just never came in as useful in later life, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Good point. I kind of had forgot about the discounts.

When you finally get yours, make sure you put in that code and pay by Western Union, makes a big difference. More than enough saved to get those good insoles to put into them. One thing I've yet to try to stop that sloping-in feeling of the V3s is to cut some foam to go along the inside curve of the shoe, under the insole. Maybe this weekend's project.

Last edited by a moderator:
hadn't noticed it much on the V2's. You'll really feel it on the V3s

Once I made my outriggers wide, I noticed the lean. Watching a film in my cinema tonight, and I noticed both had the lean, but because the collars are now quite floppy, they appear to stand up as the collar leans outwards.

lookin' great, @RVLF!
I really wish I'd learned to sew when I was younger..... skateboarding and BMXing just never came in as useful in later life, lol
thanks,

i've never learned to sew... i did follow tutorials on youtube on "how to use a sewing machine" haha ! i was into rollerblading (still doing tricks sometimes)

So finally put in my order on sneakerahead, do you guys send the MTCN straight away or wait until you've approved the pair of shoes picked out for you?

Western Union will send it regardless if you send it or not. If you gave a mobile number, you usually get a text stating the person you sent funds to has just picked up the money.

Western Union will send it regardless if you send it or not. If you gave a mobile number, you usually get a text stating the person you sent funds to has just picked up the money.
Thanks, I've never used western union before so had no idea what to do. Always used PayPal for the last 17/18 years to send money so got a little confused!

Thanks, I've never used western union before so had no idea what to do. Always used PayPal for the last 17/18 years to send money so got a little confused!

The key differences between PayPal and WU are -

1. No real protection with WU. If you know the person, it is all good. The risk is when sending money to people you have never met. PayPal is pretty safe in that aspect as you also have a 90 window to file a dispute.
2. You pay the fees, not the seller with WU. PayPal fees come out of money the seller gets and this is why they Chinese don't like PayPal. It is not really about the protection PP gives (even though some people abuse this), and everything to do with the fees they take. With WU, you set the amount the seller will receive and you pay based on a percentage of the amount you want to send.

I have a question for anyone else with V3's.
The White ankle piece strap holder, it seems to be made of a very light foamy material, anyone know what this is?
It kind of feels like the same material or similar material that the midsole is made of, albeit maybe a lesser shore hardness.

I think the V3 midsole is a Phylon or mix material, as it seems to be nice and soft and foamy.
They feel very similar to some Roshe soles.

Yes, I got the feeling the buckle should have been harder than it is. Since I've never seen the RD's in real life, I just guess it's the same or similar.
I'd guess it's a Phylon knockoff. :)
The buckle seems even a little less dense than the midsoles.
The V1's had a very similar feeling midsole, maybe a little softer than the V3.
In comparison, the V2's, HC's and 'Sport' version midsole is rather hard.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back