My Dredd 2012 WIP (new pics!!! 04/24/13)

Rikarus

Sr Member
Just the teaser to start the thread, Pinksi Badge, Buckle, Helmet, Shoulder bells. Usurper Chest armor.

This is jsut to start my thread and tease the hell out of yah all.

no padding in helmet, and still needs finishing work.

dreddparts2.jpg

dreddparts.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Dredd 2012 WIP

Working the Helmet right now, does anyone have any pictures of how the y fastened in the visor on a Pinkski Helmet?

I don't have pics atm, but I just clamped the visor in place and then proceeded to hot glue the hell out of the visor to keep it in place. That was months ago and it is still holding strong.

Got some done this week, taking my time on it so sorry updates aren't often, couple spots needed touched, but since the helmet is gonna get some serious weathering not to worried about that.

Here you go, Pinkski's helmet trimmed up and painted.:

photo.jpg

dh3.jpg

dh2.jpg

I did same colors as MrPInksi, rustoleum textured black and colonial red

a little more done, still to be weathered:

helmet3.jpg

helmet2.jpg

Started a little weathering party tonight, still some finish up and a light polish to do but was excited to share:

weatheredHelmet4_zps7c33643f.jpg

weatheredHelmet.jpg

weatheredHelmet3_zpsd7e1a682.jpg

weatheredHelmet2_zpseea7dcea.jpg

Good job!! :cool

Does the paint you used for the black have much of a noticeable texture to it? I'm awaiting the arrival of a Dredd helmet ready to paint and that black looks pretty damn accurate to the Urban helmet paint job. I'm just not sure I want it textured. I'm going for a cold, smooth (yet slightly dented) unforgiving steel look! Haha!

The gold looks great too!

not a lot jsut a smal amount and I think it lends to the realistic look of the helmet. I'll try to do a close up of the texture tongiht when I get home from work.

Here yah go, actually like the little bit of texturing, it looks like a real military helmet that way (they aren't smooth finishes) finger in pic for perspective:

texturedblackrustolium.jpg

texturedblackrustolium2.jpg

texturedblackrustolium3.jpg

I'm interested in how you're going to approach some of the other pieces (ie vest, boots) - I plan on doing something similar in the near future but it's not easy to source all the parts. Nice looking helmet!

Here yah go, actually like the little bit of texturing, it looks like a real military helmet that way (they aren't smooth finishes) finger in pic for perspective:

texturedblackrustolium.jpg

texturedblackrustolium2.jpg

texturedblackrustolium3.jpg

Thanks for this! Looks great! You're right, it really adds something! I think I will take the same approach!

A little more progress, putting the Pnikski Belt Buckle together so I can build the duty belt:

beltbucklebackJPG.jpg

beltbucklefront.jpg

And my Birdie Lawgiver kits arrived last night....can't wait to get these guys done!

photo-1.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back