Spider-man Costume

Looking at the pic from the file it looks right to my view. If your not sure then just "warp" this area when you have flattened the whole image.

Fantastic design. How long would you say it took you to complete the design, start to finish?

tough question, I'm home only for the weekends and I've been working on it for a few month, of course some weekends I didn't work on it at all.
I think that if you work on it for a few hours a day you could finish something like that in 2-3 weeks.

edit: I have a record of the first file started in 7\14\12

sorry for the double post.
I've ordered my print from Fabric on demand,I have a few question for those of you did this before.
I paid 45$ or so, but I think that's before they knew the size of my print, will I pay more later? how does this work exactly?

sorry for the double post.
I've ordered my print from Fabric on demand,I have a few question for those of you did this before.
I paid 45$ or so, but I think that's before they knew the size of my print, will I pay more later? how does this work exactly?
If someone knows the answer to this question, i would like to know as well.

I thought I pm'd him this info but it looks like it never did.... but here were the quotes I got from them when I sent in Taylor's print. They were awesome to work with when I ordered the mask. They usually replied at night with any questions.

"The mask would be $18.75 + $5 to ship.
The full costumer usually entails a large file size handling charge of $25 plus the $112.50 for the printed fabric"

This design looks amazing btw....

I thought I pm'd him this info but it looks like it never did.... but here were the quotes I got from them when I sent in Taylor's print. They were awesome to work with when I ordered the mask. They usually replied at night with any questions.

"The mask would be $18.75 + $5 to ship.
The full costumer usually entails a large file size handling charge of $25 plus the $112.50 for the printed fabric"

This design looks amazing btw....
Yeah, i guess it depends how detailed something is too.

Regarding adhering plastic lenses to silicone. There are specialty adhesives out there. Most are industrial quality. Easiest for you is using clear silicone calk/adhesive of the type available at the hardware store. Brands include G.E. and Dap. Mind, you should experiment a little to be sure but silicone should adhere to silicone and I'm sure it will adhere to the plastic. When cured it is tough but can be peeled off the plastic with some effort. Most things don't adhere to cured silicone but the tube stuff should work. Curious...any reason you didn't make the frames out of plastic or even pepakura ? It would make the adhesive problem go away and would probably be cleaner and simpler to build. Just my personal take. Costume pattern looks phenomenal though. Colors seen on individual monitors can vary and even the fabric company ink mary vary. If you go ahead and have the work done, I recommend trying to have samples of color on fabric sent to you for approval ,if possible, as that is the only way to be sure the colors meet your requirements.
p.s. your red didn't look too orange on my screen....hope that helps.

Hey I have a question, does it make a difference if you print the reds and blues separately on already red and blue fabric as apposed to printing it all together on all white fabric? Because i noticed that yuri (spideyplanet) prints his reds and blues on already red and blue fabric and the colors come out much better compared to say one of brads (spidey4fun) prints. Is it just cheaper to go with the all white fabric?

I just ordered my print from fabric on demand, I hope It'll get here fast!

. Curious...any reason you didn't make the frames out of plastic or even pepakura ? It would make the adhesive problem go away and would probably be cleaner and simpler to build. Just my personal take.
Well...I couldnt find any rubber at the hardware store, and I don't know how to work with plastic, so silicone was the best solution for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes printing on colored fabric will make it less likely to fade when stretched. That being said, none of the pattern prints I put together set seam according to color breakdown. I believe the last Spider Man movie did but I'm not certain. I'm sure someone will chime in on this. I do remember seeing a post where one of the member did get it printed that way.

Awesome, I may want to get this one in the future sometime. Great job! What did you use as a base when making this pattern if you don't mind me asking? A basic muscle pattern or another Spider-Man pattern?

The print finally got here!
dsc0732e.jpg

dsc0731w.jpg

I really like the way the colors came out!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back