Spider-man Costume

legdetail.png

added leg detail....do you guys have any suggestions on making the pattern better?

This is a very interesting style pattern. It's like a comic style mixed with a Raimi style mixed with a TASM movie style! Really neat! do you plan on puff painting the red portions? that might look really cool.....

This is a very interesting style pattern. It's like a comic style mixed with a Raimi style mixed with a TASM movie style! Really neat! do you plan on puff painting the red portions? that might look really cool.....

Tanx! that's what i was going for...everything I love in one ultimate costume!
and nope I'm not planning on puff painting it..I think it might ruin the detail...

Tanx! that's what i was going for...everything I love in one ultimate costume!
and nope I'm not planning on puff painting it..I think it might ruin the detail...
Yeah, it may take away from the really shiny look you've got going on right now.. probably wouldn't be able to see the muscle pattern on it as much either.

I think I'm mostly done:
spiderpattern.png

I do have a question and I hope somebody'll answer, How do I measure the height of my print? from which point to which point? I'm 5' 6....

Last edited:
Use the tape measure tool and measure from the center of the mask to the bottom of the belt area. If it measures 29" then the file is ready to fit someone between 5'9-6'1 from there just reduce the file so this measurement is then 26" for smaller fitting.
Screenshot_5-1_zps7a6dda3b.png

Tanx for the positive feedback guys! I really want to print it this weekend (I'm home only for the weekends) but I have a question, How stretchy is lycra? since I'm making the costume a bit smaller than my actual measurements so it'll stretch, will this work?

The 4-way stretch Lycra will stretch to your body form, as long as it's high enough, to your height. There is quite a bit of give to prints, but the tighter it is on you the more everyone else will see ;)

I tried 5% shrink which is VERY VERY BAD.
If you made this with your own measurement (not tracing the available pattern), I'd say leave it as it is or shrink it 1/2in.
You'll expect a bit wrinkle if you leave as your measurement.
With 1/2in it'll be a bit stretched. But careful on fingers, palm and foot.
You can go up to 3/4 to 1in smaller.
Lycra theoretically can be stretched almost double at maximum, but you do not want to do that, it'll ruin the graphics as well as the stitches.

tanx for the help guys....but the foot of the pattern seems very small. everything's the right size and measurements, but the the under foot seem very small, is that alright?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back