Medical Frigate build by Jim C

Re: Medical Frigate / Nebulon B studio scale build

DAMN!! Your build looks great!

I always wondered if the design for this ship was just a way for the model shop to use up all the boat hulls they had left over after using the superstructures to detail the Star Destroyers and other models.

You've done a great job and your research and attention to detail shows.

These last assemblies in place along with wiring up the power bussbar.

O2102353%20copy.JPG

This non-hero side of the studio model is a mess. There's exposed wires and painted over gaffers tape covering holes. I'm also not happy with the ROTJ addition of the Entex shuttle tank stuck on the underside of the B-29.

KG_MED-FRIGATE-%20019%20copy%202.jpg

This is where I (sort of) had to break my cardinal rule of never altering any part of a studio model. I'v tidied up ILM's sloppy work and omitted the shuttle fuel tank which returns the model back to its Empire appearance.

O2102348%20copy.JPG

How incredible does that look!

You've made the right decision, I think, by not adding the Entex shuttle. It was a poor ROTJ addition.

The power conduit tidies up the wires considerably which are very noticable on this side.

What kit does the wing come from? I never found this piece.

YES! I hate the shuttle tank just slapped on there. They just did it to hide the holes in the B-29 when the ship is seen from underneath in ROTJ, but it covers up the mass of drop tanks and other detail tucked under there.
The wing is from the 109. It was cut up and trimmed. I left mine a bit longer to eventually fill the gap that will go over it when I install the hanging wall down the side.

A lot of odd things going on back here. Strangely altered parts and weird angles needing to come together.

O2102454%20copy.JPG

Now that is simply beyond words. The reference for this area is pretty poor, but you've definitely nailed it!

Actually, kbilly, You were a big help. Your part ID's saved me a lot of time. I cant thank you enough.

There are NO clear pics of this part of the studio model. Luckily we studio modelers are adept at interpreting blurry images, so after a bit of searching I was able to replicate the Empire version of this area.

O2102447%20copy.JPG
O2102430%20copy.JPG

Last edited:

Look how amazing those parts put together,very great work,a true master modeler:thumbsup

Don

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back