Medical Frigate build by Jim C

Re: Medical Frigate / Nebulon B studio scale build

"Its been a monumental undertaking to get to this point considering what poor reference is available on the studio model, but I can safely say everything thats suposed to be there is there and in the right place. I havent yet had to take any 'creative license'."

Your not wrong, This just seems like an insurmountable task to not only build but ID. Credit to you :cheers

Most exciting Star Wars filing replica creation since Juliens Avenger journey began, it really is, love to see you guys working on major capital ships, this is just beautiful!

lee

This is a beautiful ship! I can't wait to see the progress you're making! Subscribed!

Fantastic update. Great work figuring out such a difficult area.

Awesome build for definitely one of the most distinctive ships of the SW universe! I always thought it looked like it was stripped down, like it originally had much more hull plating that was removed for some reason or another. Maybe a ship the Rebels salvaged and put back to use!

Last edited:

The Midway and Intrepid hulls are on and detailed. The stalactite is starting to grow!

O2101795%20copy.JPG

For the most part, the lighted windows on the studio model are backed by film slides of ILM model shop staff and other random shots (some questionable). Sometimes there's just a colored cell, as was the case with the window in the Intrepid hulls.

O2101822%20copy.JPG

I'v matched the general appearance of the cell, but with an actual interior image of corridors, furniture & such using the same 3-D effect as was done with the med bay window.

O2101808%20copy.JPG

Beautiful, and be nice to see the stalactite grow, its a brilliant feature on the prop!

lee

All I can say is “WOW!!!!!!!!” I am currently working on a 1/270 scale Nebulon-B. I’m just at the plan drawing stage right now. It will only be a representation and not an exact studio scale model like yours. This brings me to a newbie question. What scale is studio scale? Is studio scale a standard scale in all of Hollywood? Once again that is one beautiful model!

All I can say is “WOW!!!!!!!!” I am currently working on a 1/270 scale Nebulon-B. I’m just at the plan drawing stage right now. It will only be a representation and not an exact studio scale model like yours. This brings me to a newbie question. What scale is studio scale? Is studio scale a standard scale in all of Hollywood? Once again that is one beautiful model!

Thanks Boomer.

Studio scale just means your model is the exact same size as the original.

- - - Updated - - -

More ship hulls, drop tanks and detail.

O2101854%20copy.JPG

O2101844%20copy.JPG

A pic of a real hospital reception area.

O2101847%20copy.JPG

The ILM guys used these same sticky labels to mask the windows.

O2101855%20copy.JPG

More ship hulls, drop tanks and detail.

O2101854%20copy.JPG

O2101844%20copy.JPG

A pic of a real hospital reception area.

O2101847%20copy.JPG

The ILM guys used these same sticky labels to mask the windows.

O2101855%20copy.JPG

I heard Charlie Bailey spelled out his girlfriend's name in the piping of the medical frigate. So there's a girl's name worked into the design somewhere. But I have no idea where. Can anyone see it?

Absolutely amazing work Jim. Then again, I'd expect nothing less from you. :)

Seeing all those expensive hulls form up on the stalactite, wow, its just looks alive, flawless work, and I'm so happy this beautiful ship is finally being done, in such amazing fashion too!

lee

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back