Painting Lego hands

DemonFire

Sr Member
ok all I've been trying to figure this out now I come to you all.

when making my SG-1 team when I tryed to paint Teal'cs hands brown the paint rubbed off when I put his weapon in his hand. so I wanna know what paint I can use so It won't do it.

Adam

Not necessarily paint... you should probably seal it after you finish painting, that way it (hopefully) won't wear and flake.

might want to try cleaning the grease and oils off the plastic, before painting it, so the paint will have the best bond to the plastic.
And what kind of paint are you using, anyway?

Perhaps you could use some kind of dye or permanent marker? Something that will soak into the plastic instead sitting on the outside.

Ethan

Why not recast the Lego hands in brown tinted resin? You could do heads to match, and you would always have a mold that you could use for whatever color head you needed- just tint the resin.

Better yet, but the Episode 1 Naboo Flash Speeder Lego set. The Naboo Trooper in that set has Brown "gloves" that work great for brown hands. Don't mess with the NBA figures. They're hands are custom molded into the arms for basketballs. However the heads are a great base for brown heads. I used them for my Lando Minifig a while back...

-Gary

yeah I just found someone on bricklink a day or so ago that had alot for a low price so I bought a good supply of them for now.

Adam

did you sand the hands to give it something for the paint to stick to? If not, wash the hands thoroughly, sand lightly, wash again paint and seal. I have refinished quite a few pieces of furniture and sanding is neccessary to cure the surface for painting.

Karsten

indeed, use the one from NAbbo Officer, or from the ewok sets
icon_smile.gif

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back