"studio scale desanto viper"

I hate to rain on EVERYONES parade but.........................

isn't monday a Holiday?

(ducks head and runs for cover.)

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>(Dobber @ Oct 7 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]1333733[/snapback]</div>
I hate to rain on EVERYONES parade but.........................

isn't monday a Holiday?

(ducks head and runs for cover.)

Chris
[/b]
LOLOLOLOL....

Good point Chris. LOL. Tuesday then....

P.S. I also Glad Terri is OK. I was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident back in 94. I shattered my wrist and ended up losing range of motion in it, which then ended up costing my my pilot spot I had in the Navy. But I guess thems the breaks so to speak.

I also agree with Jesse about understanding both sides of the issue, but I just want to politley ask why were these last issues not finished when we were in limbo a few months ago. Just curious, not mad or anything I probably just don't understand the process is all. Anyway, glad to here Terri is Ok, and to see Kurt is back and Mike is back.

Now get to your corners.....and FIGHT. just kidding.

Chris

I spoke with Terri today and she is pretty banged up and hurting, but is alive and was able to walk away with minor injuries.

Let me first say that I wish her the best and am relieved to hear she is OK.

She was in good spirits and joked that the dog ate the shipping boxes..lol... but then told me that there are viper parts everywhere and that they are boxing them up. She said something about the warrior pilot figure needing to be cast due to something being broken. I can't be accurate with that one since it wasn't the topic of conversation.

Bottom line is she is alive and well,... and things sounded to be on track.

I did hear Michael in the background and asked her to tell him that all I would enjoy seeing his work getting out in the world and that all will be well when that happens. I am sure he and I will eventually work it out as we have done with issues before.

Enough drama from the KUHN... back to SS modeling. Let's hope we see these kits this week. ;)

BlueSquad2001.....walks to shop in backyard, looks around the bench and smiles with all teeth bared. Walks back inside the house to the living room. Lots of boxes stacked, examines contents and again, smiles big and wide. :D
Walks upstairs to the drawing board, and smiles at small stacks of paper. Very Good. He thinks to himself. :D
Walks back down stairs and out the backdoor to the shop, opens the door, picks up large box, smiles once more, looks both ways carefully out the shop door, and feeling safe, makes mad dashed run to the backdoor of the house as all dogs in backyard stare in bewilderment at the unexplained and sinister events unfolding before their very eyes.... :eek
It's gonna be a FINE DAY.

<div class='quotetop'>(BlueSquad2001 @ Oct 10 2006, 12:45 PM) [snapback]1335543[/snapback]</div>
BlueSquad2001.....walks to shop in backyard, looks around the bench and smiles with all teeth bared. Walks back inside the house to the living room. Lots of boxes stacked, examines contents and again, smiles big and wide. :D
Walks upstairs to the drawing board, and smiles at small stacks of paper. Very Good. He thinks to himself. :D
Walks back down stairs and out the backdoor to the shop, opens the door, picks up large box, smiles once more, looks both ways carefully out the shop door, and feeling safe, makes mad dashed run to the backdoor of the house as all dogs in backyard stare in bewilderment at the unexplained and sinister events unfolding before their very eyes.... :eek
It's gonna be a FINE DAY.
[/b]
KEWL. :p

Michael,... believe it or not....

I am truly glad that you had a wonderful day yesterday. :) It's always great to have one of those. ;) Sounds like some weight has been lifted from your shoulders and that is always a great thing. I well know stress is something none of us need and I know how prideful you are about your work and your wish to get it out into the fan-based public.

That said,.. did your fine day include the shipping of all those beautiful kits you've sold? :confused I know you are not requiring it, but I will stand by my words of the earlier posts. :thumbsup :p :thumbsup If you've shipped,.. my being wrong will be admitted whole-heartedly. :love

Can you blame me for wanting to get my hands on that beautiful creation of yours? I think we all are waiting in anticipation for these puppys. Especially since they're paid for...lol.

I turly hope that your fine day continues through today, tomorrow and from now on... as a matter of fact,.. I wish that for everyone. :angel LOL.,.. OK ... mushy .... YUK. But still true. B)

So,.. did ya ship? :confused

<div class='quotetop'>(BlueSquad2001 @ Oct 6 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1333413[/snapback]</div>
Vipers are being shipped Monday. :D
[/b]
Sounded in your last post that everything was going well. :confused

Did they ship?

Was just looking on the Fleets and saw that Michael is stating to watch the mailboxes.... guess maybe they did ship? Hmmmmm... not enough info to say,.. but sounds good. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(REL @ Oct 12 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]1337199[/snapback]</div>
Awesome. That must feel good, congratulations.
[/b]
Thanks REL. :cheers
It's the best. Just knowing that these people are getting these is the greatest feeling. I can't say how happy I am. These are very simple kits, and easy to correct if it's an air bubble or sanding something smooth in the case of engine compartment to engine intake. Simple. :D
Thanks again REL. Will be posting clear and huge images of final painting and weathering over at the Fleets.
Mike

<div class='quotetop'>(BlueSquad2001 @ Oct 12 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]1337260[/snapback]</div>
It's the best. Just knowing that these people are getting these is the greatest feeling. I can't say how happy I am. These are very simple kits, and easy to correct if it's an air bubble or sanding something smooth in the case of engine compartment to engine intake. Simple. :D

Will be posting clear and huge images of final painting and weathering over at the Fleets.
Mike
[/b]
:D :D

That is GREAT news Michael. Congratulations... your first project will now be physically seen and I am both excited and proud of you.

Now...from me... to you and Terri...

You are correct.... my "ego stroking" comment was waaaayyyyyyyyy out of line and I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY APOLOGIZE. I could attempt to explain my reasoning for stating it, but know in the long run that my thinking in doing so just doesn't matter and was unjustified. You and Terri have been through much this past year and, believe it or not, I have always wished the best for you both. Even though we now seem to be at arms length, I believe you still know this of me. I wanted to grab your attention as to how important it was to get your work out into the world and knew that a negative post would definitely do just that. The positive stuff didn't seem to be hitting home for you. I have always known that it was the wrong way to go about it,... and did it anyway. I was wrong... and I am sorry. Weather you wanted this apology or not,.. I needed to give it to you both. Indeed,.. among honorable men and women.

Now... a celebration is at hand. :p

It appears that you have done it. :thumbsup :D :thumbsup

I am very pleased and proud of you and cannot wait to recieve your hard work in order to display it with pride.

CHEERS TO YOU AND TERRI.... :cheers

<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">Hello... I thought I should post something since my name has been mentioned a few times. First of all I want to thank Kurt for calling and checking on me after he learned of my motorcycle accident. I have recovered quickly and am almost back to normal already. I didn't expect this at my age, but it was a nice surprise.

Yes, boxes are everywhere and my living room is a total mess (we should post a picture). I can't wait for it to get back to normal, but the thought of a clean living room is not nearly as exciting as fulfilling these obligations that have been hanging over my head for the past year. I can't even begin to express how much hard work and $$$ has gone into this project. Even packaging and taking all these heavy kits to the post office wasn't easy.

Michael worked hard on the instructions, and I really like the way he did them. They are easy to read and come from an artist's point of view as well as a model-builder's. Michael sees details and colors that many people cannot, and his artistic eye is evident in the instructions. I know he will continue to think of new things to add to the instructions, and questions will come up when people get their kits, so I believe there will be some updates. I wonder if a new thread should be started for this.

After all the orders are filled and shipped, we may try to sell a few more kits on eBay as long as the molds hold up.

I apologize for shipping taking place Thursday instead of Tuesday. This was because my bank account was busted and I had to wait until payday. Shipping for the vipers is not cheap, and we also insured each package. Michael used plenty of freaky bubblewrap and bagged the smaller parts. I think they are packaged well.

(Side note: Freaky bubble wrap is kind of a joke Michael and I have with each other after watching the Weird Al video "White and Nerdy" that Jim was so kind to share with us. It's on You Tube and is hilarious. I try to watch it every day as therapy. Ha.)

I hope everybody is happy with their kits. If there are any problems or questions, we will be here to help.

Terri
</span>
:D

<div class='quotetop'>(Protector @ Oct 13 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]1337547[/snapback]</div>
<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">Hello... I thought I should post something since my name has been mentioned a few times. First of all I want to thank Kurt for calling and checking on me after he learned of my motorcycle accident. I have recovered quickly and am almost back to normal already. I didn't expect this at my age, but it was a nice surprise.

Yes, boxes are everywhere and my living room is a total mess (we should post a picture). I can't wait for it to get back to normal, but the thought of a clean living room is not nearly as exciting as fulfilling these obligations that have been hanging over my head for the past year. I can't even begin to express how much hard work and $$$ has gone into this project. Even packaging and taking all these heavy kits to the post office wasn't easy.

Michael worked hard on the instructions, and I really like the way he did them. They are easy to read and come from an artist's point of view as well as a model-builder's. Michael sees details and colors that many people cannot, and his artistic eye is evident in the instructions. I know he will continue to think of new things to add to the instructions, and questions will come up when people get their kits, so I believe there will be some updates. I wonder if a new thread should be started for this.

After all the orders are filled and shipped, we may try to sell a few more kits on eBay as long as the molds hold up.

I apologize for shipping taking place Thursday instead of Tuesday. This was because my bank account was busted and I had to wait until payday. Shipping for the vipers is not cheap, and we also insured each package. Michael used plenty of freaky bubblewrap and bagged the smaller parts. I think they are packaged well.

(Side note: Freaky bubble wrap is kind of a joke Michael and I have with each other after watching the Weird Al video "White and Nerdy" that Jim was so kind to share with us. It's on You Tube and is hilarious. I try to watch it every day as therapy. Ha.)

I hope everybody is happy with their kits. If there are any problems or questions, we will be here to help.

Terri
</span>
:D
[/b]
Terri,.. you are a woman with true class. :)

Thank you for assisting Michael with this project.. I believe the two of you make a good team.

I hope your body is a bit less sore than when we spoke? Accidents like that are just tragic in all ways and I believe you are one lucky lady. I am just happy you are ok.

Thanks to the both of you once again. I simply cannot wait to get these and hold them in my drool soaked paws. LOL. :lol

Friday the 13th. HA.. it's looking to be quite a good day indeed. (yeah... I am knocking on wood just in case. :lol )

<span style="color:#993399">Oh Kurt. I'm not even sore anymore. I have 2 bruises that hurt, only when pressed on. I am certainly lucky.

I hope that you have fun with your kit or kits when you get them. I'm not sure what kind of deal you've worked out with Michael on that.

When I re-read my previous post, I thought it sounded odd that I said "we" could help with any problems people may be having with building up their kits. I should have put that one on Michael. I have no idea how to put these together or paint them. If I were building up a model, I'd probably paint it pink or something.

I think USPS Priority shipping takes only 2 days, but since we went to the post office late in the evening, some packages may not arrive until Monday. Just a guess. I will keep my fingers crossed for mostly Saturday deliveries.

Terri</span>

<div class='quotetop'>(Protector @ Oct 13 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]1337573[/snapback]</div>
<span style="color:#993399">Oh Kurt. I'm not even sore anymore. I have 2 bruises that hurt, only when pressed on. I am certainly lucky.

I hope that you have fun with your kit or kits when you get them. I'm not sure what kind of deal you've worked out with Michael on that.

When I re-read my previous post, I thought it sounded odd that I said "we" could help with any problems people may be having with building up their kits. I should have put that one on Michael. I have no idea how to put these together or paint them. If I were building up a model, I'd probably paint it pink or something.

I think USPS Priority shipping takes only 2 days, but since we went to the post office late in the evening, some packages may not arrive until Monday. Just a guess. I will keep my fingers crossed for mostly Saturday deliveries.

Terri</span>

[/b]
Kewl... great to hear.

Yeah,.. Michael and I worked out that 4 DeSanto Viper Kits would be sent in place of the entire amount of money I had paid to you guys.... a good deal I think. ;)

I wonder if I may ask if you to confirm that they all get sent to me? I would soooooooo appreciate that Terri. I have plans for them immediately. ;) Thanks a million. You're the BEST...

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Oct 13 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]1337580[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Protector @ Oct 13 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]1337573[/snapback]

Terri</span>

[/b]
Kewl... great to hear.

Yeah,.. Michael and I worked out that 4 DeSanto Viper Kits would be sent in place of the entire amount of money I had paid to you guys.... a good deal I think. ;)

I wonder if I may ask if you to confirm that they all get sent to me? I would soooooooo appreciate that Terri. I have plans for them immediately. ;) Thanks a million. You're the BEST...
[/b][/quote] <span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">And just who do you think they would get shipped too????? Somebody in Jersey? :confused</span>

<div class='quotetop'>(BlueSquad2001 @ Oct 13 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]1337607[/snapback]</div>
And just who do you think they would get shipped too????? Somebody in Jersey? :confused[/size]
[/b]
LOLOLOL....kewl.... thanks Michael. And... Congrats again for getting these shipped. Bet you feel like a million bucks.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Oct 13 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1337630[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(BlueSquad2001 @ Oct 13 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]1337607[/snapback]
And just who do you think they would get shipped too????? Somebody in Jersey? :confused[/size]
[/b]
LOLOLOL....kewl.... thanks Michael. And... Congrats again for getting these shipped. Bet you feel like a million bucks.

Thanks again.
[/b][/quote]
Kurt, one of your 4 Vipers are going to be a build-up. Finished in the correct way. And very nice I might add.
But I have to send you a build-up. If you need further explaination, please call instead of typing, cause I'm in the shop for the rest of the day. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back