Every now and then its nice to suit up for a cause..

El Fett

Sr Member
...And this month (or whatever is left of it) that cause is Movember. For those of you not familiar, here's the site with tons of info but its basically all things related to men's health and awareness, also focusing on prostate and testicular cancer. Movember United States - About Movember

The scoop is a coworker's friend was having a super-hero themed party for their 3 year old and they caught wind of my Spidey suit. Long story short, they wanted me to come out to the party to say happy b-day, in costume. It was a name your price type thing but I didn't feel comfortable asking for money since I'd never really done a kid's party before. BUT I was already growing a pretty decent mustache for the cause anyways so I figured why not make it official and set up my portal so I can get some donations going. So I agreed to "swing-by" in exchange for a pledge :)

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

That also got me thinking there are probably some of you who might have kids and would like to get a personalized picture (like the one I gave the b-day boy in that last pic) in exchange for a small pledge right? If that's the case (and I hope it is), here's my portal and if you want a picture for your kid, PM me and let's make it happen :) Gracias amigos.

Movember United States - Home

You, sir, are a good man... who happens to have a kicka$$ spidey costume.:lol I hope to do stuff like this some day, so here's to you

This is great stuff man. I like the big heart you got. Kudos to you!

Thanks bro!

Great job, El Fett. This is the kind of stuff real superheroes would do :)

It is a great feeling and it was tons of fun too! Win win win!

I'm proud to call you a friend of mine. :)

As am I amigo! As am I :)

You, sir, are a good man... who happens to have a kicka$$ spidey costume.:lol I hope to do stuff like this some day, so here's to you

If you mean that then I'm putting you on a list...an important list ;)

Nice job. Suit is spot on!

Thanks but I'm just the guy inside the suit. The real props go to MCL34N's and Joelai's incredible attention to detail :) AND another important member here who've I've neglected to give proper gratitude to for long enough...Wallcrawler248 who has been giving me diet/fitness tips and encouragement LONG (we're talking over a year) before I even had the TASM suit. Thanks for keeping me in shape and inspiring me to be closer to what Spidey should be, both physically and attitude-wise :)

Fantastic stuff El Fett! Good to see another Mo-bro rockin a tache for charity. Dyno(loved your IM suit dude), was it not the Ozzies that got the moustache ball rolling :confused

Congrats again on the Spidey suit and the fundraising mate!

Good work! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back