My aliens M41A pulse rifle

Muzwack

Hi,

This is my M41A pulse rifle, it is a solid resin kit that i purchased over the internet. It took quite a while to do but was well worth it in the end!
i had to sand the pieces so much just to get them to fit together, then i had to fill the gaps with miliput, it was a pain, but i enjoyed it all.
anyway, here it is. let me know what you think.

Do you know who made the kit and would the price be under £150?

if you mean who assembled the kit, it was me.

if you mean who cast it, i know him yeah, not like best friends but i have spoken to him a few times, lol.

He sells them for $199 plus $50 shipping because the kit is really big and heavy and he is from south africa. it would be about £155 or there abouts.

the website is called resin movie reproductions, just type it into google, he also has some other really cool stuff on there. obviously this is the price for just the kit, you would have to assemble it and paint it yourself.

i hope this helps you mate, if you have anymore questions then let me know.

if you mean who assembled the kit, it was me.

if you mean who cast it, i know him yeah, not like best friends but i have spoken to him a few times, lol.

He sells them for $199 plus $50 shipping because the kit is really big and heavy and he is from south africa. it would be about £155 or there abouts.

the website is called resin movie reproductions, just type it into google, he also has some other really cool stuff on there. obviously this is the price for just the kit, you would have to assemble it and paint it yourself.

i hope this helps you mate, if you have anymore questions then let me know.
Thanks! I have paints and all. Would acrylic spray paint and hot glue gun be any use to assemble it?

sweeeet! nice paint job.how did you do the rounds counter.looks real....

Thanks, the kit comes with a plastic print out of the round counter, i just painted the background in white to bring out the red numbers and it worked great.

Great job. Im wondering if it is scale size accurate, and could you send me a link to the guy who sent it?

yes, its 1:1 scale, and because its solid resin it has a bit of weight about it which makes it feel like the real deal, lol.

i dont know how to post links sorry, (dont judge me, lol) if you enter resin movie reproductions into google though it is the first one on the list, hope it helps :)

Nice work , love it , awesome job......

Thank you :)

Thanks! I have paints and all. Would acrylic spray paint and hot glue gun be any use to assemble it?

the pieces dont come in perfect condition so alot of the work will be sanding the pieces down so they fit together nice and snug first, so i would recommend a good set of files for that. them miliput is a must for this, if you over file you can fix it and if you add too much, once it dries you can sand it. i even reconstructed a part of one or two of the pieces with the miliput, it was a real life saver, lol. i pinned it with 1" metal rods in all the fragile places and stuck it together with a two part epoxy glue which worked really well. the hot glue should work too but i would deffo recommend that you pin the pieces also. i used acrylic paint on the olive drab section and it worked fine, so yea acrylic will work. hope this helps ya.

No Bad, Good Work Muzwack i have the HCG Pulse Rifle. Everyone who have one, should buy this.

Thank you, i know, i love mine, it was well worth the money!!

Do you know who made the kit and would the price be under £150?

I'm guessing here...

But I'm betting this is a derivitive of a kit/molds that have been around for YEARS...

I bought a solid resin kit that looks MUCH like this one (down to the pour plug on the end of the grip) over ten years ago from Monsters In Motion for $175. Never built it. Still have it.

Who wants it...?

I'm guessing here...

But I'm betting this is a derivitive of a kit/molds that have been around for YEARS...

I bought a solid resin kit that looks MUCH like this one (down to the pour plug on the end of the grip) over ten years ago from Monsters In Motion for $175. Never built it. Still have it.

Who wants it...?

Thats great, how much would you sell it for?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back