1/1 Obi Wan Kenobi bust (jespers version)

streetjudge79

Master Member
Ok, I held off taking photos inside until today so I can take good outside shots to show the color ...:)
Eyes are just temps , but he's pretty much finished other than that.

obi1.jpg

obi4.jpg

obi5.jpg

That's just sensational. I'm sorry but I HAVE to ask: are there any more available? And if so, what's the asking price? Thanks, guys.

Alan

And again you did a very sweet paint-job on one of my busts - :) - :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

And you're doing all the painting with airbrush only - no brushes ... I use no airbrush - only brushes :lol :lol :lol

I would really like to see some painted pics of the other guys who got some of my busts - :D

Cheers,

Jesper

The only thing I handpainted Jesper was the age spots and the tips of the hair/where the hair meets the skin and the eyebrows. All else is airbrushed . Thanks for the nice compliments gang. Jespers busts are a TREAT to paint. I can't wait to tackle the Emperor.

probably because there are an awful lot of them. You have to be careful not to obliterate some of the fine details by trying to fill in tiny pinholes. I'm not complaining about the pinholes as I know they couldn't be helped. They just exist. I thought about taking some putty and a brush and while the stuff is semisoft....brush it with the direction of the hair to see if it would clean up nicely that way......instead of trying to fill individual bubbles. I will let you know how that works for me.

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hollywoodhardware @ Nov 30 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]1368855[/snapback]</div>
Steve, nice work, but why didn't you putty the small airbubbles?
Thomas
[/b]
I don't see anything that wasn't in the original sculpt. Care to show examples. :confused

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Nov 30 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]1368920[/snapback]</div>
I don't see anything that wasn't in the original sculpt. Care to show examples. :confused
[/b]

Don't get you here??

Before I take on such a big paintjob, I make sure that I prepped the cast the best I can (like with a small resin kit) and that includes filling pinholes and removing a visible seam.

Thomas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JRX @ Nov 30 2006, 07:53 AM) [snapback]1368480[/snapback]</div>
And again you did a very sweet paint-job on one of my busts - :) - :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

And you're doing all the painting with airbrush only - no brushes ... I use no airbrush - only brushes :lol :lol :lol

I would really like to see some painted pics of the other guys who got some of my busts - :D

Cheers,

Jesper
[/b]

Send me one -- go right ahead. I'd be HAPPY to paint it. ;)

Well about the holes, they are so small and hardly noticable in person.I can't even notice them a foot or so away from the bust. The close up shot with the camera picks up every little detail. I do cleanup work and clean off seams and such but if I worried about every tiny pinhole on the bust, I would charge a hell of a lot more to do the work.. For what I charge, , these guys are getting a really nice paint up and a helluva deal. I usually stick with the same clients who hire me over and over, so I must be doing something right. I like to stay affordable for the guys who can't pay $ 400 or so for a paint job. I'm not doing this to make a fortune, I do it for fun and to make a few bucks on the side. Sure I could fill in every tiny hole , but then I would have to charge much more.. People have options, they can go with me for my price or if they want it special effects artist quality, they have other options from more talented artists.
That's my take on it Thomas. Look at the other photos from further back, can you see holes? I can't.

Steve

I sure would like a general consensus about which size eyes to buy..............to me the pupils appear too big for the eyes. What is the correct size????

Dave :)

to my eyes those pinholes arent even noticable...and when i did pick them out they really look like human skin almost...

hey, who knows a jedi knight in his late 60's with perfect skin.?... :D

anyway, great paint up steve, and for the money i'm not sure there are many out there that can beat it

brad

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back