Millennium Falcon parts for 3d Printing

I would like a pair of those rear cockpit seats and the levers on the console. Will you be selling these parts?
Also, if you're gonna be making the steering yolks and landing gear, I would be very interested..

Cheers, Phil

Hey Stormy and TK!

No plans to do the nav console (it won't be seen in my model - but the quad gun areas will).

Also, I'm trying to stay authentic to the ANH falcon, so no yokes. At least at first. I might do a variant, but that's a ways off.

As for gear, I was initially planning on doing a gear-up build. I have a nice Bogen tripod I salvaged out of the trash and hope to make a display stand out of it. That being said, gear-down would make it easier to display...

J.

Just a quick update to show work in progress. Kudos to the SofaKing for actually pulling this off in real life - even the digital model has been a lot of work.

Anyway, I'm migrating my Illustrator layouts to 3D; fixing a few things along the way. Still a long ways to go and the colors and materials are just place holder for the moment. Although all red LED's bring a certain unity to it all...

MF_Cockpit-FullScale_12.273-1024x576.jpg

Hey Starkiller,

The bank of gauges (that have the red/blue tape cut at an angle; just below the bank of sliders), do they have stripes around them, or are they framed with material proud of the surface?

Some shots they look dimensional, others they just looked pin striped...

J.

Hey Starkiller,

The bank of gauges (that have the red/blue tape cut at an angle; just below the bank of sliders), do they have stripes around them, or are they framed with material proud of the surface?

Some shots they look dimensional, others they just looked pin striped...

J.

you know, I think I'd always thought it was extra light bleeding from behind the gauge transparency, but I now think there might be pin-striping after all. Some in groupings. Take a look at this of the first four gauges, looks like there's pinstripe around the first one, and then a box around the next three. What do you think?

example.jpg

Ah yes - those be stripes.

Here's a shot from the ESB cockpit that had me thinking they are panels; surface mounted - looks like screws in each corner, no?

ESB_guages.jpg

The image you posted makes it look like each gauge is the same size - and of the skinny proportion. Where as the one I post, seems like the first, fourth and fifth are bigger. I also have reference that shows all but the last one as larger (which is the way I built my CAD). Am I just seeing ANH, ESB and ROJ variants? Photographic blooming due to the back light?

J.

hmmm, I think you're onto something. In the ANH image I posted, you can see a very faint gap/change of color between the first gauge and the next three. I think there are groupings of raised panels, with holes for the guages cut out and pinstriping around the gauges.

so it looks like the order goes: first guage with its own raised panel and pinstriping around the readout, half inch gap between raised panels, next three gauges on their own raised panel with a pinstipe box around all three readouts, another gap between raised panels (maybe?), next two gauges on a raised panel with a pinstripe box around them. can't see the last two though.

I see the screws you mentioned on the ESB panel, but I wonder if those were added, perhaps to reattach the gauge panels after some modification (I'm pretty sure that the gauge transparencies are different, if not altogether absent, on the ESB panel) but I don't see screws on the ANH panel.

thoughts?

That was my thought too - the panels screw off to change out the transparency.

Hadn't thought that they were completely absent in ESB - which would explain the size differences. So maybe the aperture is always the same across all the gauges, the ones that read smaller/skinnier just have films inserted into them?

I'll put that into my next revision and see how it goes!

:)

joshua, my question to you is, can your 3D printing be applied to the old MPC (ANH) Falcon kit? Can your 3D printing system be used for recreating the cockpit, consoles, side walls, seating and perhaps the nose/ nose cone to what ever degree at this tiny scale?

Sincerely,
~Ben G. :)

I hope so! My plan is to put this into a 32" ESB scale bird which is a 3" tube/cockpit diameter.

I just pre-ordered a Form 1 (http://formlabs.com/) to print high resolution parts at home. Once I have that (in August! Ugh...) I'll be able to experiment and optimize the parts at the final scale. My goal until then is just to build the parts at a full detail level and tweak as necessary.

Understood Joshua. Looking down the road (future) I hope that you and I can get together on creating those parts for the MPC ANH Falcon. I would need your help on my project. With the greatest respect to you and your falcon project, would you keep me in mind for my MPC falcon project? I could sure use your professional help when the time comes of your availability. So long as the creek don't rise, LOL!

Best Regards,

I was wondering the same thing, But for my SMT 1/48 Falcon. It's not the most accurate kit, But the innacurate cockpit interior drives me insane! and was hoping to print your models and replace it.

joshua, my question to you is, can your 3D printing be applied to the old MPC (ANH) Falcon kit? Can your 3D printing system be used for recreating the cockpit, consoles, side walls, seating and perhaps the nose/ nose cone to what ever degree at this tiny scale?

Sincerely,

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back