Millennium Falcon parts for 3d Printing

I've never seen such a thing. Out of curiosity, why would you want a 32" style cone for that kit? Is it just some personal preference thing? Because if you wanted the Bandai 1:144 to look like the 32" Falcon you'd have to redo the whole thing. Not only are all the greeblies different, but the actual geometry is completely different.

I am building a 1/144 scale Asteroid Chase diorama with the kit.

The most immediately identifiable differences are the cockpit cone and the radar dish (I'm sure there are plenty of people ready to disagree with that statement), but the rest of the differences are acceptable to me for this project. I have Tony RR's cockpit cone and cockpit, and if that is all there is, then it's fine, but I'd love to have the ESB cone.

I asked Tony if he had ever considered designing one, and he said he might, but no time soon.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there's an old adage that goes something like: collect enough parts for the Falcon and you get all the other ships for free.

This is commission work, so no file sharing, but it's been cool to get to know the x-wing on the same level as the Falcon...

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 3.00.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 3.00.28 PM.png

Yep, that's what I thought the other day: gee, with all of those greeblies found on the MF, you'll have another bunch to build other SW models;)

I have just uploaded 1/35 Tamiya 8 Rad parts specific to the Falcon to GrabCad.

View attachment 971150

Not sure if I have every thing from this kit. Some of these parts may be yet to be mapped but I think are all used. Please advise if I have omitted any parts and I will model those in due course.

Please note that I have yet to model Part 1A. I will likely do this in the coming week and then check them all for accuracy. I welcome any feed back should revisions be necessary.

Bjorn

Very cool! I will be sure to check these out as I have yet to start the 8 Rad!

I have just uploaded 1/35 Tamiya 8 Rad parts specific to the Falcon to GrabCad.

View attachment 971150

Not sure if I have every thing from this kit. Some of these parts may be yet to be mapped but I think are all used. Please advise if I have omitted any parts and I will model those in due course.

Please note that I have yet to model Part 1A. I will likely do this in the coming week and then check them all for accuracy. I welcome any feed back should revisions be necessary.

Bjorn

I just went through my part inventory (which is by no means complete!) and here are the additional 8Rad parts I have on my list...

A 1 (which you mentioned you're working on)
A 2
A17
A 2
B 17
B 30
C 2
C 32
C 41
C 43
D 4

A daunting kit to model for sure...

Of course I have almost 70 recorded for the 1/12 M23. That'll be a feat for sure...

Thanks very much, This is very generous of you.
I've only modeled a few of the smaller parts used on BSG models.
I was never brave enough (or crazy enough??) to tackle that big Lower chassis piece! Wow!
Once again, nice work Marasuka!

Doh!
You're right! ...Sorry I did not see the Avatar when reading the post.
Thank You Bjorn!
and Joshua, at least you know there is someone as crazy (or dedicated) as you on these parts

Very cool, always loved this work of yours.

I was curious if you had an opinion on this, what has better detailing, the miniatures with model kit parts on them or the full-size Falcons?

Very cool, always loved this work of yours.

I was curious if you had an opinion on this, what has better detailing, the miniatures with model kit parts on them or the full-size Falcons?

Ha. Well...

I would say the original hero model is the prime Falcon! [emoji39]

Not only is the detailing better, but the overall proportions are better than any other version we see on screen.

But it’s also the first Falcon I ever saw... [emoji848]

My pleasure guys. Thank you Joshua for starting this thread a long time ago. Your CAD models are 1st class! As are the other guys that have contributed.
With so many parts to catalogue, a collaborative effort is certainly the way to go.

The M23 is a mammoth project for sure.

And thank you for the other part numbers! I’ll tackle those as soon as I can.

I intend to do the 1/35 Panther A as my next mission after completing the 8rad.

Cheers,
Bjorn

My pleasure guys. Thank you Joshua for starting this thread a long time ago. Your CAD models are 1st class! As are the other guys that have contributed.
With so many parts to catalogue, a collaborative effort is certainly the way to go.

The M23 is a mammoth project for sure.

And thank you for the other part numbers! I’ll tackle those as soon as I can.

I intend to do the 1/35 Panther A as my next mission after completing the 8rad.

Cheers,
Bjorn

You can scratch B30 from the list. You have B35... my bad.

Thanks Joshua, I couldn't tell which one to model, left or right. As you are no doubt aware, B30 & B35 are both almost if not symmetrical and mirror opposite to each other with little or no distinguishable features. There is a tab underneath the part on the outer edge which is the only distinguishable feature that I can see but I don't think it is visible on the 5' model given its orientation and position in the pit.

D4 is already uploaded to GrabCad. ;)

Regards,
Bjorn

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back