Millennium Falcon parts for 3d Printing

Soooo impressive ! ! ! I love your work !

Thank you!

Here's a closer-up rendering of it. I put it on the cutting mat earlier 'cause someone was asking about scale on another thread...

Bandai 1.24 Panther G Part B4 Barrel Mount.255.jpg

A vision in the Force shows a box (labeled 'maruska') full of printed parts, dumped on the ground and then when glued together, produces a 5-foot long Millennium Falcon! What a cool museum display it would make to show an 'exploded' MF filming model 'core' with all its detached bits arrayed around it like an (yep, you guessed it!) asteroid field.
;^P
R/ Robert

A vision in the Force shows a box (labeled 'maruska') full of printed parts, dumped on the ground and then when glued together, produces a 5-foot long Millennium Falcon! What a cool museum display it would make to show an 'exploded' MF filming model 'core' with all its detached bits arrayed around it like an (yep, you guessed it!) asteroid field.
;^P
R/ Robert

Ha! Love it!

I often dream of using the force to assemble it all - but alas I'm stuck with a hammer and some glue. Lol.

Looking forward to the Wankels!

Regards,

Andre

Just Wankel-ing away over here. Got a few more fillets and blends to put in, but it's pretty close to done. This was a very circuitous way of arriving at a part. Started the base forms in Alias, did about 80% of the modeling in Solidworks and finished the last bits in Fusion.

The important thing is that the model shells properly now - which it didn't in Solidworks. I beefed-up the wall thickness a bit to make printing at different scales easier, but overall it's pretty close to the original. Fortunately, with this part is not only one of the more singularly detailed parts on the Falcon and also one of the most organic, I'll be glad to have it behind me...

More in a few days or so!

Entex_Wankel_03.pngEntex_Wankel_02.pngEntex_Wankel_01.png

Does the real Wankel part come from a Mazda kit? I seem to remember the Wankel rotary was a feature of Mazda cars.

Yup. Some versions of the kit emphasized the Mazda-ness more than others. The Entex version has only a small reference to them on the front of the box.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back