Millennium Falcon parts for 3d Printing

Hey Gang,

Thought I'd release my docking ring models out into the wild. As with most of my stuff it's a beta version and peer review is welcome. These are presently scaled for a 5-foot Falcon, I'll be scaling mine by half for my build.

The models are offered in both port side and starboard side versions as well as a "blank" and its corresponding 2D flat patterns for cutting the armor and applying it; as was done on the original model.

Blank:
MF_DockingRing_Blank-ANH_Scale_v1.0_141128_jm.png

Port Side:
MF_DockingRing_PortSide-ANH_Scale_v1.0_141128_jm.png

Starboard:
MF_DockingRing_Starboard-ANH_Scale_v1.0_141128_jm.png

The 2D pattern files are provided in PDF and Illustrator files and can be used for photo-etching or laser cutting - or good old cutting-by-hand if that's your thing.

Here's the link to the GrabCAD project:
https://grabcad.com/library/millennium-falcon-docking-rings-1

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Joshua

If you haven't been following Andre's ANH 5' Falcon thread - that's where I've been. We've been using a variety is digital surveying tools to recreate the base model of the Falcon from photographs and kit part references. It's probably one of the most accurate methods of digital recreation this side of laser scanning or getting your hands on the original model.

Here is the link to the 3D CAD file for the 5' Falcon. Andre also has some blueprints available for those that are more interested in 2D layouts of the model.

https://grabcad.com/library/millennium-falcon-master-model-anh-version-1

View attachment 435915View attachment 435914
View attachment 435916View attachment 435917
View attachment 435918

For those interested, I'll be making my CAD file of the ESB Falcon available - it's quite different than the ANH version and not really a straight half scale conversion.

Enjoy. And happy building.

Cheers,
J.

Last edited:
A little update.

I started documenting the infamous SeaLab III kit (Thanks for the donor loner, Andre!). More than just Falcon bits; I hope to make most of it just to have since it's used so frequently around here and who know when I might use them for some other build...

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01s.195.jpg

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.199.jpg

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.196.jpg

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.200.jpg

A bit of a slow night.

Part 12 Screen Covers.

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.204.jpg

Just have part 56 and part 70 to finish and all the Falcon bits will be done, I think.

another quick update. More SeaLab Falcon parts complete. I also started going through some of the ones I've done and add a few details I missed the first time...

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.206.jpg

That part #56 still needs the grating pattern modeled in.

- - - Updated - - -

MF_ANH_M8_Carrier_Parts_01.207.jpg

M8 Munitions Carrier blade...

Updates to Parts 1 and 4 - I missed the five little ribs along the lower edge originally.

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.209.jpg

And here are 29, 29A, 40, 61, 61A, 62, 64, 76, 84U and 84L!

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.210.jpg

13 more parts to go...

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful parts you have there.:cool Sharp and crisp as I like them!

Thanks!

I've been modeling in the draft angles when they are severe enough to be noticed as well as the edge breaks, but I do keep them a bit crisp since the printing processes tend to break the edges for you a bit.

J.

Some more work-in-progress. Some tiny bits, #7 and #9; and some big bits, the Main Tank Front(s). Also an unfinished part number 42 Power Panel in the works.

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.216.jpg

8-ish parts to go. I may skip the Battlestar bits 53 and 77...

J.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back