Millennium Falcon parts for 3d Printing

Maruska the minigame has stopped working for me, but I did see it the other day, and thought it was awesome. I may have a piece of work for you if you are interested. I am sure you could do it reasonably easily, I will send you a PM about what I am looking for.

Maruska the minigame has stopped working for me, but I did see it the other day, and thought it was awesome. I may have a piece of work for you if you are interested. I am sure you could do it reasonably easily, I will send you a PM about what I am looking for.

Hmmm. Just checked it, it it's working for me.

Here's the direct link. Give it a try. You'll need the Unity web plugin for it to work.

I'm making so modifications for the full-scale falcon project (it's going to be the UI for the full-scale cockpit) - but if you have new ideas - fire away!

Cheers,
J.

Hi realised it was a case of PBKAC ( I had forgot to install the unity on this computer). Simply put I am building my kids a YT-XXXX bed. The underneath will be a mini falcon. It will have a console, switch, lighted panels, front window, speaker system (to play sounds). etc. One of the things I had already decided on was that I wanted an application for them to go on their android tablets. I was thinking of adding a variety of things to make it fun and interactive:

1) The front start up to the app, would be a YT-1300 systems check and "systems" menu.
2) A navigation screen - like yours
3) A deflector shield application - The user would select a difficulty level, and then they would move a deflector shield on a 2d schematic of the back of the yt-1300, in a 180 degree arc. As they move their finger it would move the deflector and they would have to deflect incoming laser bolts.
4) Quad cannon targeting - Simple shooter game where the quad cannons fire continuously and you move a target reticule around to blow up incoming in simple ties. It wouldn't have to be 3d, just as though you were seeing it from above on a radar screen
5) A Hyperdrive repair program - Something along the lines of having to guess a combination, and as you get it right it shows how many you got right.

I loved the fact that you managed to make it feel Star Wars! I would be willing to fund you work for a $150-200 worth of your time, and if you want to use it any of it for the MF FS build I wouldn't have minded.

Hi realised it was a case of PBKAC ( I had forgot to install the unity on this computer). Simply put I am building my kids a YT-XXXX bed. The underneath will be a mini falcon. It will have a console, switch, lighted panels, front window, speaker system (to play sounds). etc. One of the things I had already decided on was that I wanted an application for them to go on their android tablets. I was thinking of adding a variety of things to make it fun and interactive:

1) The front start up to the app, would be a YT-1300 systems check and "systems" menu.
2) A navigation screen - like yours
3) A deflector shield application - The user would select a difficulty level, and then they would move a deflector shield on a 2d schematic of the back of the yt-1300, in a 180 degree arc. As they move their finger it would move the deflector and they would have to deflect incoming laser bolts.
4) Quad cannon targeting - Simple shooter game where the quad cannons fire continuously and you move a target reticule around to blow up incoming in simple ties. It wouldn't have to be 3d, just as though you were seeing it from above on a radar screen
5) A Hyperdrive repair program - Something along the lines of having to guess a combination, and as you get it right it shows how many you got right.

I loved the fact that you managed to make it feel Star Wars! I would be willing to fund you work for a $150-200 worth of your time, and if you want to use it any of it for the MF FS build I wouldn't have minded.

Lol. No worries. Hadn't heard PBKAC before - so I learned something from it. Win. Win.

Most of that is doable. I had planned on doing the targeting app actually. The trick part is doing the Android development. I have a license for PC/Mac and iOS development, but the Unity Android SDK is another $1500. Let me see at least what I can do in the PC/Mac side of things then we can figure out how to port it later. Maybe someone around here has an Unity Android license.

J.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403793571.899400.jpg

Parts baking in the UV oven. A 1/2 scale "1/5 Entex transmission" - so, um, 1/10 scale.

And a docking ring.

These were test prints that I'll be running again with some tweaks...

J.

the falconers | A Millennium Falcon Project

wow, thats awesome. I'm working on a CG Millennium Falcon and I'm rebuilding kitparts in CG for it. great stuff you are doing here. Thank you very much for sharing

I cannot wait for the day when you can reliably and easily print all the individual parts needed for a "Millenium Falcon" or any ship. I would love to build my own 5 foot falcon. I just dont want to spend 7-10,000 dollars on it.
Keep up the great work...

Guys - I found this guy on shapeways and we spoke a few times... he's made a couple of studio scale parts for me and while not 100% they are pretty nice - better then most people can scratch. If you order tell him I sent you :) that way when I ask for other parts I can get them made too :D

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/308bits?section=SciFi&s=12

Most of his stuff is for a MPC or Fine molds falcon but he's branching out a bit to SS.

Jedi Dade
AKA Frank Wire

Wow, Maruska - looking forward to the engine and docking rings! Hi Jedi Dade - those look awesome! Did your printed parts look ok - did they require any sanding?

Guys - I found this guy on shapeways and we spoke a few times... he's made a couple of studio scale parts for me and while not 100% they are pretty nice - better then most people can scratch. If you order tell him I sent you :) that way when I ask for other parts I can get them made too :D

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/308bits?section=SciFi&s=12

Most of his stuff is for a MPC or Fine molds falcon but he's branching out a bit to SS.

Jedi Dade
AKA Frank Wire

Thanks for sharing Jade! If nothing else this gives me some ideas on how some of the non-kit parts might be broken-up. Great work.

Cheers,
J.

Wow, Maruska - looking forward to the engine and docking rings! Hi Jedi Dade - those look awesome! Did your printed parts look ok - did they require any sanding?

They will definitely need some sanding, but these were just tests anyway. I'm still undecided if I'll go with my home grown Form 1 prints or use a printing service for the finals.

J.

I've been taking reference from my MR falcon with measurements for him to build his stuff so its pretty close to what it should be. He's been talking that and going back to his MPC and Fine molds parts and making them more accurate as well. that being said they are nice but not 100% close enough for most people though and absolutely better than the MPC stuff.

Jedi Dade

Hi. I have an MPC falcon, so this loks to be a nice upgrade. Also have a FM.
Wondering, even though it isn't released (and we don't know the final configuration), any thoughts if a rescaled version of the appropriate parts would be applicable to
the upcoming Hasbro 2ftish falcon? Particularly of course the side walls.

Cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back