MR vader helmet owners: thoughts?

yodakiller1138

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got my MR Vader helmet today. It's pretty good. Other than a few minor inperfections I'd say its as good as it's going to get as , like everyone else, I waited a year for it. My only complaint is the things( don't know what to call them) that go on the forehead are missing. The square openings are just cut out. Anyone know where to get them? I could add them myself if I knew what they were. Any prowd owners have any thoughts or opinions?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yodakiller1138 @ Nov 28 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1367243[/snapback]</div>
Just got my MR Vader helmet today. It's pretty good. Other than a few minor inperfections I'd say its as good as it's going to get as , like everyone else, I waited a year for it. My only complaint is the things( don't know what to call them) that go on the forehead are missing. The square openings are just cut out. Anyone know where to get them? I could add them myself if I knew what they were. Any prowd owners have any thoughts or opinions?
[/b]

The MR didn't come with greeblies to fill the holes...they're just blanks. You can get the vents on ebay from time to time...do a search for "Vader prop", there's a set up there right now.

I'd be interested to see pix of your new helmet and the outstanding issues still plaguing it...I had thought that MR was going to work out all of the bugs with this much delayed re-release.

mr-vaderhelmet-le19.jpg

I think that's how the real ROTS helmet is too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boba Frett @ Nov 29 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]1367540[/snapback]</div>
It's a nice looking helmet, I wonder why they didn't put the vents on?
[/b]

Did the original ROTS have the vents? I don't think you can see them with the helmet put together anyways, can you?

Looks very nice regardless.

I recieved two of these dam helmets and they both went back....

Never again... Wasted a year waiting... Waste of money..... Waste of my time.......

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

To many faults...............................

:angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry

The helmet that Hayden wore didn't have them - just the blank squares where they were meant to go. They were there for the "conceal" scene though. Different lid.

Before anyone complains, they sold this as a SS helmet, exactly as Hayden wore. This is what you got.

And you only just notice it now, guys? :confused You could see them in the first pics released of it.

I got to say I think it's a beautiful replica.Wish I had the money to get one.Actually,now I come to think of it,wish I had the money to buy a Vader helmet of any sort.... :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Kahnt @ Nov 29 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]1367982[/snapback]</div>
I personally don't like it. I don't think it can hold a candle to many of the fan made replicas.
[/b]

Why? Is that just a general complaint about the ROTS helmet itself or the quality on these replicas? Yeah they have had some QC issues, but as far as ROTS helmets go, these are perfect. You can't get any closer.

It's a great looking ROTS replica and nicely finished, going by the pics.

I am an OT fan as far as Vader helmets go, I just like the original design better (particularly the ANH helmet) but if I had the spare cash I would be happy to own one of these too.

:)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foxbatkllr @ Nov 29 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1367997[/snapback]</div>
Why? Is that just a general complaint about the ROTS helmet itself or the quality on these replicas? Yeah they have had some QC issues, but as far as ROTS helmets go, these are perfect. You can't get any closer.
[/b]

Yes, I guess it is a general complaint about the ROTS helmet itself. Just not my cup of tea. I just can't get into the look. I'd rather own one Fyberdyne ANH lid than own 5 of those. That's just me.

I thought MR acquired the same molds that the HC helmet was pulled from and used them for their replica production run. I'm sure they promoted the helmet with words along those lines.

If that was the case, why would the screen-used helmet be sharper? Same molds...? :confused

(Pardon the newbie question - new to this hobby and learning.)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back