Boushh helmet?

jason1976

Sr Member
I recently met someone looking to do a Boushh costume. She is looking for an accurate helmet, and I told her that, I would look into it for her. So, what's out there? Kits? Complete helmets? Tutorials? Templates? Prices? I know this costumes has been done by some of you, I've seen you at cons, so please help me out. :)

Feel free to post here, PM me, or e-mail me at Jedimasterjpb7@aol.com with any info on this helmet.

Thanks in advance.
Jason

BTW, I'm posting it here, instead of the junkyard, because I'm just looking for the info no right now, she will have to decide if she's going to buy anything.

I don´t know if he offeres complete kits but MonCal researched the Boushh costume very intensive and is kind of an expert IMO.

Ask him.

Markus :)

as far as i know there arent so many boushh helmet sources out there...
if i had the money, i would surely buy the helmet i posted...
but i´m not a boushh expert... :unsure

It's an ok helmet, Rocko. I've seen better, but don't know of their availability. Yes, Boushh is a hard one to come by and an accurate one is no where near existance...yet.

Originally posted by jason1976@Nov 28 2005, 08:29 AM
I recently met someone looking to do a Boushh costume.  She is looking for an accurate helmet, and I told her that, I would look into it for her.  So, what's out there? Kits? Complete helmets? Tutorials? Templates? Prices?  I know this costumes has been done by some of you, I've seen you at cons, so  please help me out. :)

Feel free to post here, PM me, or e-mail me at Jedimasterjpb7@aol.com with any info on this helmet.

Thanks in advance.
Jason

BTW, I'm posting it here, instead of the junkyard, because I'm just looking for the info no right now, she will have to decide if she's going to buy anything.
[snapback]1123735[/snapback]​
What do you think about this one? All three are the same one: Just shots from different angles. email me for details if interested.
boushhpic.jpg

Def. not a recast of the Altmanns boushh here is some pics of the Altmanns....

boushhfrt.jpg

boushhlft.jpg

boushhrt.jpg

Its a nice helmet but i would guess about 15% undersize.....At some point I want to build my own but bigger and more size accurate...

The original helmet is pretty darn small. If you want it wearable you'll might have to make it upsize a little.
For Magic of Myth they had to use a child mannequin for the Boushh costume and it still had to get cut down.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead... but I have a couple questions that hopefully you more experianced builders can help with.
I have a friend who is looking into building this costume and she is looking into getting herself a helmet. She stumbled on Golden Armor's helmet and after reading the reviews on him here I told her to steer clear of him like the plague.
So here are my questions:

1- Yes, Altmann's helmet is small, but so is she. Are these helmet's still available?
2- Are there others that make and sell these helmets?
3- If we were to build this helmet where could I get a list or "how to" on it?

I'm fairly new to the prop building community and have started modding out my very first helmet (Rubie's TIE), all by myself, using the RPF and it's members as a guide. It has been so exciting to see it come together little by little.
I appreciate any help or guidence with the Boushh helmet.
Thanks...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back