Dredd 3D pep helmet - files now available

Resin done. :) image.jpg

Thanks for the files found in JF's. The paper pulling the sides together is a great idea. I am going to make a paper black part, slushcast, then make the red part out of aluminum to fine tune pulling in the sides20180618_212110.jpg

Has anyone made the raised portion move? I believe it is used as a gas mask.

No, it has never had the gas mask crest reproduced on any lid that I have seen, JPH - and I think I’ve seen them all, now.

I have two identical comic lids in various stages of dissection, to work out how to do so with a type of ratcheted tracking and rare earth magnets. Any run would be short, though, as the tracking is a bitch to work with, having to be built into the helmet, or the crest, as it is. And I don’t have a 3D printer to help me, so doing it old school. Sloooowly. Maybe you will have better luck? :)

Id use tracking as a metal bar to the inside of the helmet, flush wiyh padding, not the outside. I remember reading about "stum gas" grenades and seeing Dredd lower the center piece. I am confident I will find ten ways bow *not* to do it first. Dung beetle n Blacksmyth made bunches o folk happy with their work.

20180717_164609.jpg making the red part out of metal. Ugly mold, still determines to make the top piece come down20180718_073236.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20180717_160508.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back