Dredd 3D pep helmet - files now available

Blaxmyth

Sr Member
I've spent quite some time reworking a mesh I found online a couple of years ago. It was called P504, but I can't find it on the Pepakura Gallery any more. The mesh is of the Dredd comic version with the thin X on the visor.

I think the pdo file was originally from Dung0Beetle, but he has not been online recently to ask. I have PM'ed him to ask if it is his and if I can release my heavily modified mesh to the RPF community. If he is OK with it, then I'll post it on 4shared, but as I don't want to be a digital recaster I'll wait till I hear from him.

Anyway, I've just about finished the first build and would like some (constructive) critiquing, please. There are a couple of things I'll change - there are one or two vertices that need to be tweaked on the mohawk and on the rear of the crown. Plus I feel the cheek pieces need to be pulled closer together about 6 - 8 mm.

Files now available thanks to Dung0Beetle :thumbsup

http://www.4shared.com/file/CKKMjkR1/Dredd_3D_A4_-_Dung0Beetle_and_.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/hVqNkv7L/Dredd_3D_Letter_-_Dung0Beetle_.html

Let me know how the builds go. Cheers, Phil

Last edited:
Re: Dredd 3D pep helmet - feedback sought

Dude that's drokking incredible!! I would buy that for a dollar!! Lol enough with puns, but anyway, that is absolutely incredible and I pray to GOD, THAT HE SAYS YES... I want to make this!! Only thing though, is the "face" part seems to be a bit wide but other than that, its pretty much perfect! Are the ridges that go up and to the back of the helmet there? Anyway, fantastic pep my friend!

Really nice helmet. Agree the cheek pieces need to be pulled closer together also the eye slots on the side needs to have two sloped lines.

Sorry the side slope is not that visible.

DreddHelmetPep7.jpg

Plus your pep is much cleaner.

Looks good. It's a decent start for a basic helmet. Also, very considerate to ask Dunglebeetle about posting the re-worked pep file. Good luck with your build.

Thanks for the kind words.

I haven't pepped in the ridges and lines because they're so much easier to dremel or scribe in after the fibreglass is done. Plus I plan to use styrene sheet to form a dam to place body filler up to for the raised edge lines.

If anyone knows Dung0Beetle, could they please ask him to contact me?

Only thing though, is the "face" part seems to be a bit wide but other than that, its pretty much perfect! Are the ridges that go up and to the back of the helmet there?

Yeah ok, I was just wondering, considering it looks like they are there when you have the pep all split up. lol You planning on making any other part of the Judge uniform?

Hadn't really planned to. My middle-aged body - make that old-aged body - isn't really set up for wearing a judge uniform, but you can always put the helmet on the shelf and dream... :unsure

You planning on making any other part of the Judge uniform?

Awww...Well..You seen the Judge minty? That dude is like a million years old. Isn't Dredd like, 80 years old now? I don't see why not dressing up in a Judge outfit. Old or young, everyone can both dream, and do. :)

Dredd is 70 this year (he ages in real time apparently )
Im 54 in this shot
66417_1558815844504_5784291_n.jpg

never too old ....

Still waiting to hear from Dung0Beetle. I'm almost finished assembling a newer version with the cheekplates slightly closer together and a few vertices tweaked.

I'm really keen to release this, but I think out of courtesy I should get DB's permission as it seems he constructed the mesh originally. I have re-emailed him and hopefully he'll let me know one way or the other.

If it's a no, then I'll have a go at re-sculpting the file from scratch.

Cheers, Phil

Im on my ipad now, but thanks ill download later, i wonder what happened to dungobeetle website? Is he a member here by the same name? I wanted to say thanks for the dredd helmet comic version

Just downloaded it. It looks really awesome and I am looking forward to building it! *pushes robocop Pep out of the way* Helloooooo Dredd >: )

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back