Dredd 3D pep helmet - files now available

Ive just downloaded this pep and before I start printing stuff on cardstock, are people finding that they need to scale this at all? or does it come out proper size? never done a pep file before.

Its scaled to average size head i find my a bit to big i have about a 23' size head. Hopefully the padding will make up for the empty space.
2upuny4u.jpg

The one i got was from a wielding store. It end up to small so will need another one. Defiantly will probably get getting the one from amazon as mentioned. Here it is finished, minus badge,with dupli color metallic black and Barcelona Red.

a7ymu7yp.jpg

Its def coming together, but the weathered scuff marks you have, are they white or shiny metallic and just picked up white from your camera flash? Or are they place markers?

Here you go...

[url]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8562460330_eee9aefe51.jpg[/url]

VERY happy with how it came out.

You can see more pics here:
Dredd 2012 Helmet - a set on Flickr

For my first time using this sort of thing I have to say it was pretty awesome. Easy to work with, great way to get the size/shape down... While I changed some bits to suit my own tastes, the Pep file base shaved weeks off of the build for sure.

I think if there was a Mac version of Pepakura I'd probably use it a lot more often!

Really looks cool!!!

Any chance you have the pep files for the shoulder paddings???? :D

Hey mrodhawks - that looks terrific!

Sorry - I don't have any other Dredd peps.

By the way - thanks to everyone who has made one of these helmets! I'm stoked to see them all. Just over a year ago I made a vow to myself to learn Blender (I'm almost 60) and I had despaired of ever getting the hang of it. This pep file - which is an adaptation of a DB base - was a real blast to do and gave me a great feeling of satisfaction. So when I see these pictures I'm probably almost as proud as you. Thanks, guys! :D

Really appreciate your effort and sharing your files with us,,,, I've been waiting for this for almost a year!!!
My hats off to you and really inspired to build my own helmet using your files,,,

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread and the files. I built my first complete (have three others I can't seem to get finished) helmet using these files. Looks like this will be my first helmet I make all the way, going to resin soon. Thanks again.

Your a real saviour !!!! .... really appreciate your work and hope your could do another.... maybe for the Lawgiver II???? :D

Thanks again!!!!

I am currently working on this helmet myself. It's my first pep project, and so far it's going pretty good. I just put down the first layer of bondo, and I am sure I'll be cursing about sanding before too long. I do have a question about the helmet badge though. The pep model has a fold in the center of the badge area, whereas the badge itself seems pretty much straight. What is everybody doing with that area? Are you bending the badge, filling in the gaps with bondo, or trimming down the peak?

Its really tricky... the pepakura will give you bending (arc) from the center in front view. But if you look at the actual pics of the helmet from top view, its also arc but will not be visible in the pepakura file... to fix this you need to build an area of 6mm from the top of the badge using bondo and your skills... good luck with your build...

I am currently working on this helmet myself. It's my first pep project, and so far it's going pretty good. I just put down the first layer of bondo, and I am sure I'll be cursing about sanding before too long. I do have a question about the helmet badge though. The pep model has a fold in the center of the badge area, whereas the badge itself seems pretty much straight. What is everybody doing with that area? Are you bending the badge, filling in the gaps with bondo, or trimming down the peak?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back