my Ghostbusters props

Excellent Google-Fu!

I will buy a handful of these and try some other chemical solvents.

I remember using a product called airplane stripper a few years ago when I decided to strip and repaint an ALICE frame and a proton pack motherboard.

It was creepy to watch the paint pucker up and darn-near crawl off of the metal.

If nothing else works, sanding will be the fall-back method.

And thanks for the tip about hovering over a pic to see how many views it has. I had never discovered that feature before.

Alex

I look back at my post where I said I'd help you find this....looks like it took 3 DAYS. But I am happy to have found this. I love your updates, and your attention to detail.

Some before and after shots of the Sniffer, showing how it arrived versus how it looks now. (Probe excluded.)

DSC02796.JPG DSC04559.JPG

DSC02795.JPG DSC04560.JPG

DSC02797.JPG DSC04561.JPG

DSC02798.JPG DSC04562b.jpg

Alex

Attachments

• DSC04556.JPG
    DSC04556.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 227
  • DSC04558.JPG
    DSC04558.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 205
  • DSC04562.JPG
    DSC04562.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 213
  • Patrick pic.jpg
    Patrick pic.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Patrick pic 2.jpg
    Patrick pic 2.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I finally bit the bullet and drilled/countersank the holes in the vector plate.

DSC04695.JPG

Not the screws I planned to use, but these were smaller and allowed the vector plate to compress further.

DSC04704.JPG

Screwed the hinge to the MDF of the pedal base.

DSC04711.JPG

DSC04712.JPG

Next step is to attach the 'boot' material (bought from CountSpatula).

DSC04713.JPG

After that, the vector plate needs to be painted. And then this project is very close to being done.

Alex

Well, if that's not validation, I don't know what is...

I've accidentally left the same gouges in the paint of the base (made by the raised corners of the vector plate while attaching the hinge) as can be seen on one of the screen-used pedals!

Mine:

divots.jpg

The one on display at the MoPop in Seattle:

Seattle trap divots.jpg

An earlier photo of the same pedal when it was sold at auction:

Twin punctures.jpg

Alex

Hmmm... I wonder which RPF'er who recently helped me source a piece for my Sniffer gets mentioned in this video?

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 'off' really. If I put one on top of the other, they're the exact same shape. But if you compare the edge where it was stamped, the first one is more rounded, while these are very right-angle corners. And for some reason, that olive paint is impossible to get out of the center of the edges... like it's folded in the metal or something. Hard to explain.

No, I'm very happy with the purchase. I was perhaps justifying my laziness at using one of each too much while extemporizing the video. I didn't mean for it to come off like a criticism.

I'm delighted to replace the other straight one.

Alex

Last edited:
I got the resistor put in place as closely as possible to the grainy reference pic I had of the pedal on display at the MoPop in Seattle. It should be in a recessed area, but short of totally remaking my pedal base, this was the best I could do for now.

DSC04741.JPGDSC04742.JPGSeattle Trap 5.jpg

I got the vector plate primed and painted black, then reattached it to the base.

DSC04752.JPGDSC04753.JPGDSC04764.JPG

I'm not entirely happy with the boot/coil/spring connection, but it works okay.

DSC04758.JPG

The square knobs on the trap front are still just carpet-taped on, but I couldn't resist taking some "all together" pics for the first time.

DSC04759.JPGDSC04762.JPG

Alex

Over the years, I've tried several times to get a hotel Maid service sign that's a good match to the one seen in Ghostbusters (hanging on the knob of the 'Venkman Burn in Hell' graffitied door).

Maid Sign frame.jpg

A while back, I got one that was close, but differed in several subtle ways.

Maid sign inaccurate.jpg

The font on the M and A in 'maid' was wrong, and the wording was slightly different (missing the first 'as'). It also had a hotel watermark at the bottom.

Below is another example of a variation, one that I didn't order, but saved the an auction pic.

Same artwork, but different color.

Also, yet another font for the word 'maid', the 'at once' wording instead of '(as) soon as possible', and a different hotel watermark.

Maid Sign Sheraton.jpg

Here's a boosted version of the one in the movie.

Maid sign 2.jpg

I skewed it and deform-stretched it.

Maid sign 2b.jpg

And HERE is the auction pic of my latest purchase.

Maid sign auction pic.jpg

Still not perfect, but the best sample I've found in LOTS of years of searching.

Maid sign comparison pic b.jpg

Alex

Last edited:
I actually came close to doing that a few years ago. I cut and pasted the 'as' from 'as possible' and repositioned the words, faked the correct font on the M and A, etc.

Never actually had it printed though.

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing with the theme of substitute transportation, we stumbled upon this little gem at a Trunk or Treat event across the river tonight.

DSC04803.JPGDSC04805.JPGDSC04808.JPG

The group pic was taken by its owner, seen in this pic below. Somehow it totally slipped my mind to ask his name.

DSC04804.JPG

Alex

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back