ALIEN head sculpting ! then casting for costume

oysteinhole

Freehand sculpting from wood and foam , after meassurement from the original Alien head .

my target is a complete costume , starting with some sculpting and the cast it in resin foam / latex :)

Last edited:
I think you may have the syphon pumps around the wrong way.

tumblr_m7fkmdfLXf1r1nrm9o1_1280.jpg

Whole head covered in clay ...smooth on the top shell with water , and i use a towel on the wet clay to make some skin texture ...

next will be some mouth details and then i would consider to building more downward to shoulder ... not shure yet because i will take som cast end then it is better to split it upp in more parts ..

They are made from Staedtler fimo ... its like a plastic clay that is easy to use and get hardened in the oven at 110 degrees in about 30 minutes...exelent for making small details and offcourse teeth :)

smiiile

This is one cool looking Xeno! I can't believe how much the look improved just by adding teeth.

And you won't have that annoying seam at the back of the head where they vac formed the original top section of the costume. Speaking of, the real thing is clear or at least translucent, how will yours be after casting? I'm finding the solid look to very cool. I want to see this black.

Awesome looking beast you have there (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup
I wish I could have got mine done in that time scale.
Keep up the good work :) looking forward to the finished result :)

Awesome looking beast you have there (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup
I wish I could have got mine done in that time scale.
Keep up the good work :) looking forward to the finished result :)

Thanks for good feedback ... i have just waited for the right time to make anytihng from Giger ... just love his crazy work

my first thougt was the biomechanoid , but i find this a wery hard nut to crack when it is comming to sculpting

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back