Highlander swords: please help the new guy

Actually I want both, so that when an intruder such as a rabid grizzly enters my sacred domicile and I look around for something with which to send it speedily on to the great bear den in the sky, my eye will alight upon the glint of steel hanging on the wall and I'll know, "oh yes, this will do."

Neighbors looking on from afar will report their certainty of my imminent doom until they saw me grab something shiny off my wall, yell, "By the Power of Greyskull," and go to swingin'.

So wall hanger 99% of the time, but something I can still defend the family with in that 1% situation.

But that's just me...:unsure

Yes,..I'm sure you would fight bravely and die,...very slowly and painfully. :lol :popcorn :lol

Yes,..I'm sure you would fight bravely and die,...very slowly and painfully. :lol :popcorn :lol

Probably true.

Ok getting back to the topic. Irish, I noticed that the $1K point gallery Season 1 sword that's been sold for some time now looks different than the special $3K sword that is also advertised on the site at present, which says it was made using the actual Season 1 mold.

I was of the understanding that the $1k sword handle itself came from the Season 1 mold. Is the handle of the $1K sword a result of a re-sculpt by Sal to avoid using the actual Season 1 mold up to now?

Thats because the 1k sword is the musashi , a cleaned up and changed handle... It has been available for Years and is not the season one.. The season one for 3k is actually a handle taken from the tv show production molds.. Never before offered an one f a kind .. Combined with a very nice Tachi blade that matches the look of the shows sword...

Hi irishamericanlad, are there any plans to make your highlander sword replicas available in the UK? Unfortunately I am not part of the exempt groups for imports (got to love the UK governments logic, can't import but can buy).

Sorry don't think my original message was overly clear, what I meant was do you have any plans to sell them from a re-seller or contact 'within' the UK?

Thanks for the update. Would be good if you could ship from the UK from a 'drop shop' type company to help individuals who are screwed the foreign customs/draconian legislation. However I guess it would be a supply and demand sort of thing anyways if you could.

Should you consider in the future, blades-uk and battleorders might be good place to consider....cheers

This looks like an older thread, and nobody is probably still following it but just in case. I bought a set of cheap ( and I do mean the cheap ones with the crystals in the handles} highlander katanas, so I don't have to worry if I destroy them. What I am wanting to do is remove the stock blades and put some nice hand forged blades in these. Now, what I can't tell is how to remove the handles. Unlike a traditional katana, there are no take down pins to hold the blades in place. Are these just glued in place and if so does anyone now how much modifications would it take to make these viable for "functional" katanas.?Also, does anyone know where I could find just the handles made as direct replacements for tradtional katana handles? Thanks in advance.

I dont know if this is what you're looking for, but this is the one I bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKUXG9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It looks really cool on display and looks GREAT in a YouTube video I did (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f74lNTuVitY)
10376943_625391754217234_6476760615682480763_n.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 1.21.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 1.21.46 PM.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 119
chinese re makes of the connor sword and the Duncan sword that was actually never used by Duncan.

Nice wallhangers nothing more though

The time it would take you to remove the handles and put them on worthy blades is not worth it... Also The idea to have a real blade with a cheap handle doesn't make sense lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sword is horribly inaccurate to the movie version and if I'm not mistaken (and I may be),1050 is not good enough for a katana blade. Not enough carbon content or some such.

Pardon my ignorance (I hope a healthy education is forthcoming), but where is the bottom sword originally from? Also, where is the Connor handle from (top sword)?

Both look really nice!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back