New Cybermen!

One of the few recurring things I really didn't like about the RTD series was the cyberman design. They looked like action figures and didn't have any of that hollow, eerie menace that the 60s cybermen had.

I think I like the new look, but if they were going to re-design them, I wish they'd tried harder to make them look less like Cybusmen.
Still, it's probably an impossible task for them to re-capture the feel that creeped me out so much in the 80's that I had to leave the room (well, hide behind the door) while they menaced Peter Davison.

I started watching in the 80's but I'm currently going through from the beginning. I'm up to the second Doctor and 'The Moonbase' right now so 'Tomb' isn't too far away.

While I DID like the design reminiscent of Eve from Metropolis that the RTD Cyberman sported, these sleeker Cybermen look more...28 Days Later and less Dawn of the Dead...if that makes any sense.

I grew up with the 80's cybermen - I love the helmet design, but I think the Tomb one's are probably the classics. Not so taken with the "Invasion" style that seem to be the nostalgists favourites.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back