My Mk. 42 build, new STL files for upper arm section

Re: Completed!My go at creating an Iron Man glove (helmet on hold)

Excelent work, really clean, prolix, I´m making a mkV model but I go to use, aluminium & kevlar, (greensand mold-metal casting) and I was experimenting with some things to integrate the fingers, 1. metal spring , 2. wire with memory 3. flexible spout double clinching protection, and really works fine, check it, Title

Personal Portable 3D Printer check this bro, is cheap and I see that works very well and have a good soft

thanks bro ill check it out now :) ohh and your mk v is coming along awsomely bro

Ok, so here are the files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wec59embjkeqhxb/IMFingersbyAbb_eliten.zip
Edited the fingers to minimize overhang sagging when printing with filament

Keep in mind that these are "as is", ie they wiil need some finishing work to fit properly. You will most likely also need to shorten down the bottom pieces as I made the a bit longer to make it easier to adapt them to different glove types.

I can do nothing but hope that you'll respect that these are intended for personal use and not mass printing/reselling.
I would also love to hear how they work with FFF printers :D

Is there a possibility of this being made into a pdo?

Re: My go at creating an accurately articulated Iron Man glove (helmet on hold)

There we go!

Finished the last details less than an hour before before I had to go, but it's done :D
View attachment 177536View attachment 177537View attachment 177540View attachment 177541View attachment 177547View attachment 177548View attachment 177550View attachment 177545View attachment 177544View attachment 177543View attachment 177553View attachment 177555View attachment 177556

As for the movie, I liked it. Some unexpected twists as well :)

I'll add the STL-files for the fingers soon if anyone wants to print their own set

Wow, this is amazing :D I wish i had a 3D printing machine :(

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what is the rubber you used for the fingers on the under glove?

Re: My go at creating an accurately articulated Iron Man glove (helmet on hold)

Where did you get your repulsor light and how bright is it? Thanks

I got them from eBay: 2012 Cold White G4 SMD 3582 Lamp Light Car Bulb 12V Pin Brand New 24 LED Hot | eBay
They are pretty bright, but it's tricky to diffuse the light enough to not see the individual LEDs.

Very nice work, well done, I wonder what type of glue you did use?

Thanks!
Superglue for the elastics and epoxy for the finger joints.

Also, what is the rubber you used for the fingers on the under glove?

I used Smoot-On's Dragon Skin silicone brushed onto a ribbed mold. The pieces were then sewn onto a cotton glove.

what should these be uploaded to shapeways as mm , cm, or in ?

Abb eliten pregunto si no tengo una maquina 3d como haria yo para contruir estos guantes disculpa no se ingles

What type of resolutions are these printers capable of? Can you print somethign super detailed from the ones you buy or would you normally send that off to someone with a larger machine?

How hard is it to sand down the Task2 resin? I'm thinking about doing that for my helmet. Any tips?

Abb eliten pregunto si no tengo una maquina 3d como haria yo para contruir estos guantes disculpa no se ingles

español: podrias intentar con pepakura, puedes encontrar los archivos por aqui en este foro

english for everyone understand: you could use pepakura, you can find the files arround here in the forum

Re: First replica build: Iron Man Helmet (+ gloves/fingers)

Bump

Fingers finished.
Now to wait for the new printer to arrive...

apology as a step these fingers for pepakura to print
can you please help me build this glove would I really liked your work congratulations

Sorry, these models were made for printing in mind and is pretty much impossible to unfold in the current state, as each piece contains 3000-7000 triangles.
It might be possible to clean up the mesh enough to pep them, but I know next to nothing about poly-modeling so I can't do it :/

What type of resolutions are these printers capable of? Can you print somethign super detailed from the ones you buy or would you normally send that off to someone with a larger machine?

I've just started to print at 0.2mm layer height, and from what I've heard 0.08mm is about as low you can go with a fine-tuned machine. But IMO they are miles away from the quality you get from industrial sintering machines. Then again, for the price it's pretty amazing.

How hard is it to sand down the Task2 resin? I'm thinking about doing that for my helmet. Any tips?

It sands very well, even with rotary tools. Since it's a two component plastic it doesn't melt as easily as for example ABS when machined.
It does however, at least for me, trap tiny air bubbles that surfaces when you sand it down. This especially happens in the corners of the pep model.

Could you please make pep files of the fingers? I have the palm and hand plate but I really need the fingers, and these are the best ones I have seen yet!

wow interesting way to build a helmet! i'm impressed!!

Wow! Your hand looks amazing and part of it is the paint, which looks great. Do you mind me asking what method/color you used?

Would you be interested in selling a set a 3d printed hands?

Sorry.
I'll have to say no atm.
It takes quite a bit of time rescaling every piece, orient them for print etc. which I don't have :(
However, the finger models are available on the second page in this thread.

Wow! Your hand looks amazing and part of it is the paint, which looks great. Do you mind me asking what method/color you used?
Thanks!
I used touch-up spray paint from a budget automotive store. Toyota Mica Red Met. and Volvo Lunar Gold.

I decided to continue to work my way up the arm today :)
The outer forearm piece is taking shape.
I'm still considering to add the removable hatch and internal details. Still some work to do in that area.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.PNG

This was made entirely from reference pictures, so any feedback on how to improve it is appreciated

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back