The Shining Keychain

MrSinistar

Some great new pictures of the keychains made for the Shining:

tumblr_mcqa6j4OF31r858p5o1_1280.jpg

Thanks to these pics we can finally see the back of the keychain fob, as well as getting a great look at the key. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to make the keychain?

Very cool! Thanks for posting the photo, that's certainly a wonderful reference shot of the Overlook keys. :thumbsup

-Carson

Took forever but I found a font that matches up perfectly with the 237 number:

Planscribe NF - Webfont & Desktop font « MyFonts

Apparently it's based off of one of the standard fonts from the Leroy Automatic Lettering Machine, so they must've used one of those for the original props.

The fonts for actual words on the keychain fob are Univers Medium for "The Overlook" and AG Schoolbook Regular A for the rest of the text and phone numbers.

According to the theoverlookhotel.com, where I got the image from, Kubrick himself kept the 237 key. In fact he actually used the same key tag for his own house keys, haha.

I'm currently talking to an engraver and hopefully if they can do a nice job, I can look into the possibility of a run.

Awesome!! How did you make yours?

Thanks for your comment. Acrylic red plaque cut to size and a small hole on top to house the metal ring. As to the letters/number I considered having it engraved but it was way too expensive to make just one (didn't remember to make a run and offer it here....) so I decided to use white decal letters (it wasn't perfect but for the ridiculous price it all costed, I couldn't ask for more; besides I was happy with the final result).

I think we have all the colours in that pic at work...I am gonna make em all lol. I came very close with the font I used but think I can get it spot on now.

I think we have all the colours in that pic at work...I am gonna make em all lol. I came very close with the font I used but think I can get it spot on now.

Awesome! Perhaps you can make a run for all of us, haha :)

Here's my recreated graphics for the key tag:

643950_4940490397085_1717570470_n.jpg

533743_4940490597090_1619543472_n.jpg

531067_4940501957374_895032890_n.jpg

Decided to have a pop at this one due to a few fond memories watching this film with friends.
The fonts were a pain to locate, but thanks to Mr Sinistar for the graphics and working on the font identification this made it a tad easier.
Shining Key front.jpgShining Key rear.jpg

If anyone does a run and even matches the keys to screen..Id take some if they werent crazy high...be cool to pull out this Halloween watching the movie.

I could arrange for a run but have new member status. I don't want to break the rules re advertising and sellng, etc.
Copper9, in red? I dont think it would be an issue to arrange.
Kysupernatural I have been trying to match the key to screen, any idea on the brand, etc. I can't quite make it out on the images I have. Just trawling through The Overlook Hotel now.

I may make another one having dwelt on my build as well, as the fob isn't screen correct but is reference correct from the images provided.
Just have to move the address up a cm or so and rotate the number on the reverse so it hangs correctly.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back