Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Costume HELP!

DTH

Hi

I am new to this whole cosplay thing but since I went to my first D*Con, I am hooked :D

I've got a few Doctor Who cons next year and given its the 50th anniversary, I want to put together an "Eleven Doctors" outfit. This is an homage of all 11 Doctors, as if they were amalgamated in some spacey wacey, timey wimey incident.

I've done a fair bit of research (massive help from Honorary Doctor's costuming guides!!) and I'm really happy with what I've got together so far.

The major issue is the coat. I have a 3/4 tuxedo dress coat which I am using but it didn't look right when I put everything together. I thought about it and realised what the issue was: the Doctor's coat is such a centrepiece to any given Doctor's costume, if you go with that coat, you'll just look like that Doctor with Time Lord accessories ;)

So my proposed solution is fashion a coat which has elements from all the Doctors (such as the lapels would be beige with red piping).

Can anyone give me advice on whether I would be better having a coat designed and made or if I can I sew on appropriate fabrics to my existing tuxedo coat?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back