2013 Calgary Comic Expo (April 26-28)

Goonie

Sr Member
Happy Halloween! And what a Halloween it is. Just read John Carpenter will be attending the 2013 Calgary Comic Expo.

And Stan Lee is returning!

(y)thumbsup

Calgary Expo

Hopefully I can get Stan's autograph this time around. Earlier this year the lines were huge for him, and also I spent a bit too much on the Star Trek TNG crew...

I spent most of my day in line (well four lines) with my poor 5 year old for Stan's autograph. As a result I didn't have time to see Wheaton or Adam Baldwin.

I hope they learned a better means of organizing, and not overselling autograph times.

Just read on another site that the Star Trek TNG reunion at this year's Calgary Expo will be included in the Season 2 Blu-Ray release next month!(y)thumbsup

I've never been to a ComicCon/Expo/anything like this before but have always been interested and really wanting to go.

Currently putting together a costume that should be ready in January(ish) and seeing how Calgary would be the biggest and closest event to me, it will more then likely be my first event and premiere of what I'm putting together!

And it's the week after my birthday, that's a plus!

I've always enjoyed the Expo, each year it seems to get exponentially bigger, last year was insane with the entire cast of TNG being there. My wife and I plan on going down again this year, I just heard my favorite comic artist Adam Hughes is gonna be there.

Brett Hart announced as a guest!

Would be cool if they can get any actors from the Indiana Jones movies, and more actors from the new Battlestar Galactica.

Got something for Stan Lee to sign. Definitely want his signature as he is turning 90 later this year!

Nightmare Before Christmas's Jack Skellington will be there! Jack's alter ego Chris Sarandon will be there signing autographs.
Calgary Expo
Great! I can get another one of my Disney Blus signed. :cool

Just announced today; from The Terminator and T2:
Linda Hamilton
Michael Biehn
Robert Patrick
and Arney's body double Peter Kent.
:cool
This sucks. I'm gonna go broke again on autographs. Stan Lee is still my #1 priority this year though.

Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton & Robert Patrick at the same show is awesome.

I may have to make the drive to Calgary for this show.

How hard is it to get into the show on Saturday with all the line ups?

Get there early! Last year it was so overcrowded the fire department stopped them from admitting more people last year on Saturday. I hate crowds so I had a tough time being packed that tight everywhere.

Like hankey01 said, come early. I got there about an hour and half on Saturday and Sunday last year. According to their website, it appears they added hours this year.
April 26 - 12:00pm to 8:00pm
April 27 - 10:00am to 7:00pm
April 28 - 10:00am to 5:00pm
I'm hoping I can sneak out of work early on Friday to get down there. I think I got most of my autographs on Friday last year. Had a blast chatting with Richard Hatch, Aaron Douglas, and Erin Gray the first day, and there were no lineups to see them.:cool

I would suggest buying advance tickets. I was doing line control last year on Saturday and they sold out over an hour prior to the doors opening.....a lot of unhappy people

I would suggest buying advance tickets. I was doing line control last year on Saturday and they sold out over an hour prior to the doors opening.....a lot of unhappy people

+1. I bought mine in advance from one of the stores around town that had them. Just a heads-up, you have to pay for them in cash.

Thanks for the heads up.

The Calgary con has been getting incredible guests lately similar to a Wizard World show.

I hope that more Terminator guests are announced like Kristanna Loken.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back