Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

with Disney attached, maybne we can get decent Animated movies of the Zahn Trilogy and other popular books the actors couldn't possibly do in live action. But Voices? Let's get it going!!!!

I bet it will be new. No Zahn trilogy or anything from the EU. I think they will start fresh. Somthing that will be new to all of us. I can see them bringing back Mark, Carie or Harison for a camio role but I'm thinking it's gonna be teeny boppers and fresh faced actors just like the original Star Wars. I will go into it with an open mind but if they put someone like Shia Labeouf in this movie and CGI it all out I will be very dissapointed. Oh great, my complaining is already starting... :lol

...I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Release the original cuts of the OT and I'm good...
Hey, if one of those re-releases includes a newly scanned, 4k presentation of the original films, bring it on.
...I absolutely want an OT original theatrical release to happen. Please.
I have no "inside information", but I'd be willing to bet there's language somewhere in this deal that says Disney has no rights whatsoever to the original theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy so that they can't release them on DVD/Blu-Ray/in theaters with the restoration they deserve. Lucas has made it very clear that he believes his not-so-Special-Editions of the Original Trilogy movies are so superior to the original theatrical releases that he never wants the original versions to be seen again. After he dies, maybe, but I'd be surprised to see anything involving the original theatrical versions while he's alive (beyond the lackluster "bonus" DVD releases from years ago, that is).

I have no "inside information", but I'd be willing to bet there's language somewhere in this deal that says Disney has no rights whatsoever to the original theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy so that they can't release them on DVD/Blu-Ray/in theaters with the restoration they deserve. Lucas has made it very clear that he believes his not-so-Special-Editions of the Original Trilogy movies are so superior to the original theatrical releases that he never wants the original versions to be seen again. After he dies, maybe, but I'd be surprised to see anything involving the original theatrical versions while he's alive (beyond the lackluster "bonus" DVD releases from years ago, that is).

I dunno about that. However I've long said that the only way we'll get them is after he dies. I can dream though!

Lucas never would've seen this coming 30 years ago.

Except that in his attempt to get studio backing for the first film he once expressed a wish that Walt Disney was still alive as he'd have had the vision to take on The Star Wars, vision which the studios lacked. So, it would always have been 'Disney's Star Wars' if his wish had been granted!

But I agree with the sentiment behind your point...

It can't be a re-imagining if they are using the title Episode VII - the title itself implies it will carry on from what has gone before?

Well, all the recent Star Wars stuff has been terrible crap. So, I guess a new approach could be good. I suppose it's better they try than not try, because maybe, just maybe... It will be awesome.

Well, all the recent Star Wars stuff has been terrible crap. So, I guess a new approach could be good. I suppose it's better they try than not try, because maybe, just maybe... It will be awesome.

Since every Disney movie of late has been terrible crap too I don't see how...

So does this effectively mean that Lucasfilm does not exist anymore or is it that it is now 'owned' by Disney, what I'm driving at is if there is an Episode VIII etc it will still be made by Lucasfilm no?

Well, all the Marvel films are still release under the Marvel name without a disney logo and they're owned by disney.....

-------------------

Something that occurred to me last night, and this is a quicky post so I haven't read up to see if it's been mentioned yet, but I think this was essentially a done deal in may or so.

Last year it was announce the 6 existing movies (that's odd to say now) were going to be released in 3d in successive order starting in march 2012 with E1 with another every year with ROTJ rounding out the run in 2017. This may or so (fuzzy on the date) they announced that 2 AND 3 would hit screens in 2013. That would enable 4 and 5 to come out in 2014 and Jedi to hit screens in 2015 as a huge run up to the now 2015 release date of E7.

Makes me think that part of the 'deal' was a pretty fleshed out story treatment that George has been working on a few months now.

There was an article I saw this morning where it was said the treatment is pretty detailed and that they're in pre-production.

I'm not sure how I feel to be honest, i think i'm still in shock :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back