Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I love the idea of seeing the old gang again, but I really can't wait for them to pass the torch to the next generation so we can move on.

I love the idea of seeing the old gang again, but I really can't wait for them to pass the torch to the next generation so we can move on.

agreed. I'm good with Luke being in the films but an old 72 years old Han Solo still just doesn't work for me. Harry is a great actor and he will make it work but in the end Han and Leia in the films is just not really necessary other than for marketing really. I hope they surprise us though.

Ok, a question to you "Liea isnt a Jedi" types, do you think a normal human female would have the strength to strangle Jabba?

As I recall she threw her entire body behind the strangulation as well as planting a foot on his back to help gain even more leverage; so you have leaning back, pushing off with a foot, as well as pulling on the chain, I think that should be enough to strangle even a fat slug like Jabba.

I don't think Jabba had the easiest time breathing. I don't think it took a lot to close all that fat around the narrow airway he had left.

Still, at least he had all those highly paid mercenaries around him to make sure no-one say,.. strangles him in a room full of them.

"Any oblong shape can look like a penis if you look long and hard enough."

That's what she said!

In the EU, Leia spent 25 years post-ROTJ as full-time politician and only a sometime Jedi practitioner. It wasn't until after that that she got fed up with and quit politics and started seriously training as a Jedi. They could go that route and have her just starting Jedi training in the new movies.

P.S. I know it's a favorite pastime on this board to decry anybody who dares suggest the ST might possibly parallel the EU in even the tiniest way, but I'm just throwing the thought out there as one possible way to handle the Leia Jedi thing in the ST. So please, don't jump down my throat.

Ok, a question to you "Liea isnt a Jedi" types, do you think a normal human female would have the strength to strangle Jabba?

I honestly had a hard time buying that Leia alone was actually enough to strangle Jabba, who had to have weighed a ton, by herself. The entire saga, though, is an
exercise in suspension of disbelief, so I gave it a pass on that basis. But still I don't think we'll be seeing Leia doing any Jedi/Ninja moves in this movie... :/

In the EU, Leia spent 25 years post-ROTJ as full-time politician and only a sometime Jedi practitioner. It wasn't until after that that she got fed up with and quit politics and started seriously training as a Jedi. They could go that route and have her just starting Jedi training in the new movies.

P.S. I know it's a favorite pastime on this board to decry anybody who dares suggest the ST might possibly parallel the EU in even the tiniest way, but I'm just throwing the thought out there as one possible way to handle the Leia Jedi thing in the ST. So please, don't jump down my throat.

Could be.

However, either way it can be taken care of with a pair of lines what's been onscreen to this point doesn't preclude anything - it's been thirty years.

Leia does something jedi....han replies "Good thing you trained with luke 20 years ago..." and it's taken care of. A lot had to have happened in the interim years. They could even toss it in the opening scrawl either way.....

Leia, her jedi training complete years ago....

or

Leia, who's spent the last 30 years as a full time politician...

Easy to take care of either way. I would try and say anything one or the other off VI other than we knows she's capable of it. What she's done in the interim, who knows.

Not decry, it's just pretty clear they are making their own creative choices and are doing something fresh as opposed to making a facsimile of what has been done. Their inclination will be to do something totally new with the characters.

I doubt they will care enough about the EU to purposely avoid it. The idea of a whole-planet-covering city dated back to the writing of the OT, but Lucas still used the EU name for it in the PT.

They'll do whatever works best for their purposes, EU similarity or not.

Anyone see this?

Instagram

Abrams invited Kev Smith to drop by Pinewood while in London...

It's pretty easy to make him cry these days, but still... love seeing reactions like this... even if they can be snotty/teary.

I check in daily, not sure how that go by me! heh.

Oh the shame... I'm THAT guy.

:(

-----

Not just a single post either... it crossed two pages I didn't see somehow. Where was I on the 30th?

I will leave my post as a mark of shame.

-----

Not just a single post either... it crossed two pages I didn't see somehow. Where was I on the 30th?

A Star Wars fan is a Star Wars fan is a Star Wars fan...

Dorks, one and all...! :)

-----

Lol.We all do it at some point. :)

Ben

Yeah, and although Luke implied she would learn to use the Force in ROTJ, she seemed somewhat ambivalent about it. I think she would put more focus in her family and political life then learning to be a Jedi.

Hey she kind of had a lot on her plate right then! :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hey she kind of had a lot on her plate right then! :lol

I figure I should translate that phrase in case it's not known to other countries to "she had a lot of things on her mind". :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back