Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Joss can direct it, and Pixar produce it.

As for how tied they are to EU stuff, think on Karen Traviss' Mandalorians vs. the Clone Wars' version...

I think that it's been said before that although the EU is technically considered canon George isn't bound to it and use or ignore any part of it that he chooses to if he were to make episodes 7 - 9. Of course, given the abortion that was the PT it wouldn't be too bad of any idea to at least incorporate some of the EU into the plot for ep. 7 - 9.

As I said in the other thread, Lucas made a point to mention the SW books, video games, etc. so hopefully they will incorporate or work around those and not totally plow them under. I'd really like to see Mark Hamill play Luke as Grand Master of the new Jedi Order. Have him in that role, but focus on totally new characters. Obviously Harrison Ford won't come back... well who the hell knows now I never though these movies would be made either. :lol

Anyway I think you could do it without making all the previous stories like they never happened.

Star Wars
Episode VII
Death of the Rebels

Shortly after the destruction of the second even more powerful Death Star the idiotic members of the rebellion partied hard on Ender totally forgetting that there still existed a massive Imperial fleet.
As the rebels slept late the next morning the Imperial fleet regrouped and bombarded Endor until it resembled a giant charred marshmellow.
The new leader of the Empire, now free from opposition, expanded the Empire to the far corners of the galaxy...
:lol

You sir win the internet and +1 cookie. :thumbsup

I have to say, if I am being totally honest with myself, there is more of me that is excited. Why? Because it doesn't suck yet, they haven't ruined it yet. This is the time when us old fans can be excited at the endless possibilities ahead, all the while being pessimistic that it will be good. Perhaps Lucas crapping out Episode 1,2,3 set us up to be happily surprised by 7,8,9?

Oh, and like Orange said , "give me the OT . . . For the love of all that is holy in this world!" Or something like that.

Maybe george will turn into the gene roddenberry of star wars, didn't they keep gene on a long leash with the movies?

Maybe it would be similar to how some people like the JAbrams Star Trek?

That's actually a good example. Personally I'm not a fan but I can appreciate that it's a good film, just not true to my established framework.

I have no doubt that the new Star Wars films will be "good" when it comes to production value. Guaranteed though that some folks will hate it just because it isn't the OT.

Plus with the control he would have had, he would have been on top of the world after ESB came out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back