Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

The one thing that will be really strange is not seeing or hearing the 20th Century Fox fanfare. I consider that to be just as much part of the Star Wars experience as John Williams score.
Yeah, those complimented each other well. Will be kind of weird to hear the Disney tune instead.

FWIW, marvel films don't start with a disney logo.

Of the films i've seen that did have a disney logo, not all use disney music. Tron, for one, i believe used unique music.

But will they use the standard Disney opening that features Sleeping Beauty's Castle along with all of the other Disney elements but maybe with a more sci-fi themed background? I believe that Disney has modified their openings with some of their films, sort of like how Warner and Dreamworks do with some of their films.

Maybe Disney will buy 20th. Century Fox between now and then, pair Lucasfilm with Fox, and then Star Wars can have the opening it deserves...

Will they ignore the prequels? I kinda hope I don't hear the words midichlorians or padawan.

I don't think they'll really need to ignore the sequels. Consider that the OT takes place after the PT chronologically, and for obvious reasons it doesn't mention anything that was established first in the PT, such as midichlorians.
And since these movies will take place after the OT, I don't think it will be much of an issue at all.

That is optimism at work. :lol

Consider that the OT takes place after the PT chronologically, and for obvious reasons it doesn't mention anything that was established first in the PT, such as midichlorians.

There may not be mention of anything, but there sure is reference to it, with the ghost of Anakin being one glaring example. I'm hoping as well for no prequel contamination of any kind, especially any of the "ghosts of Jedi past" who are barking to get in the movies.

Last edited:

I can just imagine her and Solo in the Falcon, her screaming their going the wrong way, while the whole time the Falcon has it's blinker on.... :p

Gosh, here I thought she was so incapacitated to not be able to talk to any media after canceling her ECCC appearance this past weekend locally here from that cruise liner incident.

With a one word response like the one the article says she gave, i wouldn't put too much stock in it...she could have misheard the question.

I'm just saying that if Luke calls someone his padawan, I would cringe a little.

if he is training jedi in a restored (or perhaps never fully destroyed) Jedi Temple then I could see him using old Jedi Order terms but ya, I think they need to pass on the old lingo and let Luke revise the idea of Jedi knighthood and apprentice.

So does this mean there will be Jenny Craig product placement in this movie?

LOL! she looks good in that pic though.... I hope Luke Hamill / Mark Skywalker (see what I did there!) is in the gym or getting Jenny Craig products from Carrie Organa :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back