Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Isn't it funny how on the "Star Wars VII" topic, we keep talking about new Star Wars stand-alone movies, but on the "Star Wars Stand Alone Movies" topic, we keep bringing up Star Wars VII. Vivek must want to club us.
:lol Well it's pretty much all in the same universe, so it's all good for now :).

<<Yoda, Palpatine, Jabba, Boba, Plagueis etc...>>

I've already signed off on believing things when I see it on the official SW website, but there's a rumor worth making into fact...:thumbsup

I like Simon Pegg... no issue there for me. as for spin offs I think Jabba should be taken in context... can't imagine a film just on him... I'm sure he would be a part of an ensemble along with or within the Boba Fett stand alone.. would make more sense. I just hope they don't go crazy and put actors like Tom Hanks or Johnny Depp in there. Great Actors but I would have a hard time staying in the SW world if I saw Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie in the films. :lol Wait, did I just do another cross over of the stand alone thread in the Ep7 thread?! :behave

I just hope they don't go crazy and put actors like Tom Hanks or Johnny Depp in there. Great Actors but I would have a hard time staying in the SW world if I saw Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie in the films.

Worst nightmare imaginable!

as for spin offs I think Jabba should be taken in context... can't imagine a film just on him... I'm sure he would be a part of an ensemble along with or within the Boba Fett stand alone.. would make more sense.

I really wouldn't mind seeing a well done Jabba. If some CG artists could sit down and take the time and pains to render him properly like they did with Yoda in ROTS, it would be interesting to see him again. But like you say, within the larger context of something else. Huttese sounds awesome coming from his voice (at least the proper voice from ROTJ)...

I really wouldn't mind seeing a well done Jabba. If some CG artists could sit down and take the time and pains to render him properly like they did with Yoda in ROTS, it would be interesting to see him again. But like you say, within the larger context of something else. Huttese sounds awesome coming from his voice (at least the proper voice from ROTJ)...

I agree. I recall in 1983 seeing RotJ for the first time as soon as I saw that big ass slug I just knew it was Jabba and I liked him right from the start... was well done for a gargantuan puppet booger! :D That's one thing I can say, although I not big on muppets and puppets in general for the most part ILM did a great job with their animatronic / manual puppets. Yoda still holds up as does Jabba. sure a tad stiff in the lip but that never seemed to bother me. The CGI Jabba was kind of horrendous. especially that first special edition version. I was glad to see they made the effort to improve upon him but it still looked weird to me. I think they should make a full size puppet again from the original molds (if that even exists) put it on a trolley and CGI out the trolley to make him look like he is slithering around.. that's all they really need to CGI on him in my opinion.

I agree. I recall in 1983 seeing RotJ for the first time as soon as I saw that big ass slug I just knew it was Jabba and I liked him right from the start... was well done for a gargantuan puppet booger! :D That's one thing I can say, although I not big on muppets and puppets in general for the most part ILM did a great job with their animatronic / manual puppets. Yoda still holds up as does Jabba. sure a tad stiff in the lip but that never seemed to bother me. The CGI Jabba was kind of horrendous. especially that first special edition version. I was glad to see they made the effort to improve upon him but it still looked weird to me. I think they should make a full size puppet again from the original molds (if that even exists) put it on a trolley and CGI out the trolley to make him look like he is slithering around.. that's all they really need to CGI on him in my opinion.

Somebody around here has the eyes and mouth (I think) mounted; I think it's about the only parts left of Jabba. ILM did great work to great effect with Jabba. I can remember my first time seeing him on screen as well; I was thinking "what the hell?" As much as my horizons had been expanded by the "multiculturalism and diversity" thus far into SW, there was just something HOLY COW! with that Jabba. :lol And the booming voice was that extra bit of just the right thing to make him work well. I had thought that maybe because these creatures are/were so large that they'd naturally have those baritone resonances, but we've learned from The Clone Wars, not all of them do, so Jabba's just got it going on, kind of like the Barry White of Hutts! :lol

Somebody around here has the eyes and mouth (I think) mounted; I think it's about the only parts left of Jabba. ILM did great work to great effect with Jabba. I can remember my first time seeing him on screen as well; I was thinking "what the hell?" As much as my horizons had been expanded by the "multiculturalism and diversity" thus far into SW, there was just something HOLY COW! with that Jabba. :lol And the booming voice was that extra bit of just the right thing to make him work well. I had thought that maybe because these creatures are/were so large that they'd naturally have those baritone resonances, but we've learned from The Clone Wars, not all of them do, so Jabba's just got it going on, kind of like the Barry White of Hutts! :lol
Oh crap, now I have visions of Jabba singing to Slave Leia 'You Sexy Thing' and 'Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe' :lol

and to derail this even further from Ep7 here is a neat story I want to share:
My youngest daughter likes to make fun of me watching Star Wars the Clone Wars on cartoon network and pokes fun that I "like star wars too much"
.... well last weekend she turned 10 and I said to her, "when I was your age guess what I did? I went to the movie theater to see a new movie that just came out called Star Wars!!!!"
She said, "oh cool! Was it in black and white?" :lol :facepalm

Oh crap, now I have visions of Jabba singing to Slave Leia 'You Sexy Thing' and 'Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe' :lol

:lol:thumbsup

and to derail this even further from Ep7 here is a neat story I want to share:
My youngest daughter likes to make fun of me watching Star Wars the Clone Wars on cartoon network and pokes fun that I "like star wars too much"
.... well last weekend she turned 10 and I said to her, "when I was your age guess what I did? I went to the movie theater to see a new movie that just came out called Star Wars!!!!"

She has been grounded, correct? :darnkids:lol:lol

She's fast, better watch her! :lol

I hope they get Emma Watson to play someone in one of these new 3 movies. She's one of the best new young actors out there right now.

I hope they get Emma Watson to play someone in one of these new 3 movies. She's one of the best new young actors out there right now.

While I agree I sincerely hope that aside from anyone they bring over from the OT I'd prefer to not know any of the actors from previous work. 99% of the time when I see someone famous I only see them, not their character.

While I agree I sincerely hope that aside from anyone they bring over from the OT I'd prefer to not know any of the actors from previous work. 99% of the time when I see someone famous I only see them, not their character.

I'd have no problem with known actors being in the new Star Wars but it would depend largely on the actor. while I agree that there are some actors are either just too well known to fit in well in a franchise like Star Wars and/or just not good or versatile enough to play anybody but themselves or a character type they do in every movie. On the other hand, there are some well known actors out there that can and do essentially immerse themselves into every role and truly become the characters they play and are constantly playing different characters every time. Of course, most of these actors would probably be very difficult for their co-stars to work with since they are often method actors and will stay in character constantly even in between takes and after shooting is done for the day.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back