Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

:)

We have a Solid screenwriter...We now have what many view as a solid director...and official confirmation of Kasdans involvement again...

Yep... I'm a happy camper!

J

We have official confirmation that Lawrence Kasdan will be consulting on the project!

I am very excited about that! :)

We have a Solid screenwriter...We now have what many view as a solid director...and official confirmation of Kasdans involvement again...

Yep... I'm a happy camper!

J

Me too. I'm convinced now that there are just going to be people that wouldn't be happy no matter who was picked so it's best to just let them wallow in misery while I look forward to SW on the big screen again. :thumbsup

I agree. I am actually pretty content with the current crew. I'm not a specifically huge fan of Abrams but I think he will probably do an awesome job. I trust Kathleen Kennedy's judgement. Lawrence Kasdan is a HUGE plus, too.

I dont get all the hate for the lens flare, it was a style he went with for Star Trek. Doesn't mean it will carry over to Star Wars.

In regards to lens flare, I could have sworn that there was a bunch of it in the opening sequence of ROTS

In regards to lens flare, I could have sworn that there was a bunch of it in the opening sequence of ROTS

That was at least scene appropriate as they were flying through space in the glare of a star. JJ had lens flare in a bar for God's sake!

Actually... that is the definition of shooting first.

Like the saying goes: "Shoot first, ask later".

It was very clear that Greedo was going to shoot Solo, so, Solo shot him first.

Actually no. ;)

This is the past tense, "Han SHOT first" implies that there was someone shooting afterwards, which there wasn't. "Shoot first, ask later" is future tense, it implies that there will eventually be questions.

Therefore, for your scenario to be accurate in proper English the phrase must be "Han shot before Greedo could", not "Han shot first".

right, there is tastefully and strategically placed lens flare then there is over use...

so ya Kasdan is a great addition! good days ahead!

Actually no. ;)

This is the past tense, "Han SHOT first" implies that there was someone shooting afterwards, which there wasn't. "Shoot first, ask later" is future tense, it implies that there will eventually be questions.

Therefore, for your scenario to be accurate in proper English the phrase must be "Han shot before Greedo could", not "Han shot first".

Guess no one use proper English then when using "shoot first" to describe someone shooting someone else before they have a chance to shoot.

Guess no one use proper English then when using "shoot first" to describe someone shooting someone else before they have a chance to shoot.

You're mistaking "Shoot first" with "Shot first".

Future tense is correct, past tense isn't.

The phrase "Shoot first, ask questions later" isn't shooting before your opponent shoots, it's shooting before asking questions. Therefore the phrase works. Otherwise the phrase would have to be "Shoot before they do".

Here is a quote from JJ Abrams:

"To be a part of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, to collaborate with Kathy Kennedy and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor," J.J. Abrams said. "I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid."

I am just surprised that the journalist could understand what JJ was saying with his nose so far up Lucas' ass.

:lol

Here is a quote from JJ Abrahms:

"To be a part of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, to collaborate with Kathy Kennedy and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor," J.J. Abrams said. "I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid."

I am just surprised that the journalist could understand what JJ was saying with his nose so far up Lucas' ass.

:lol

I would have felt and said the same thing... wouldn't you be excited and honored to be chosen? and we as OT SW fans are/were grateful to Lucas for creating these films when we were kids... and I'd be even moreso grateful if he chose me to direct. so I don't get where 'up his ass' comes from? :unsure it was a very humble if not expected statement.

I wonder if Luke will get killed and come back as a force ghost the way Ben did. Ford said he thought Han should have died before the end of the OT.

For a new set of characters to fully take over, I think we are going to see the deaths of some of the original cast, and for me at least, that sounds intense.

Watching Luke die might affect me more than Agent Coulson for example.

You're mistaking "Shoot first" with "Shot first".
Future tense is correct, past tense isn't.
Why can't the English language be simple and how *I* want it?

Thanks for the explanation.

I would have felt and said the same thing... wouldn't you be excited and honored to be chosen? and we as OT SW fans are/were grateful to Lucas for creating these films when we were kids... and I'd be even moreso grateful if he chose me to direct. so I don't get where 'up his ass' comes from? :unsure it was a very humble if not expected statement.
Yeah, seems like a very genuine statement. Lucas really did affect us all and despite what I think about the prequels, he's still the man who brought us Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back