Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot (IM3) Pepakura Files!

Awesome.....i think you should do it as accurate as possible...i know it may take longer but it will be worth putting the extra time..either way you want to do it we'll take it..lol..great job..

I would suggest to combine it for simplicity,but leave the lines for further cut (if the user decided to make it more detail).

I intended to make these suit files for both paper/resin AND foam so people can make either one. However i do appreciate your input on this, everyone, so thank you all :)

It's (relatively) easy to turn a paper pepakura into a foam one, but not so much the other way around.

I cannot wait to get started on this!! If only there was someone doing a MK47 as well!

Not to be picky, but screen accurate is what we strive for. Be that as it may beggers can't be choosers. Ya that was picky. Any how awesome work so far and thanx from all of us... GM

Jackie, about those slits in the plates. I originally was modeling all those but they became very much cumbersome when we tried to unfold them. So since we are building with foam in mind, I just split the two pieces and didn't add any of the little "valley" pieces. This way the seams made it so those separations still seemed to be there but with less hassle on the un folders and builders part. However my models would not be very useful to someone that wanted to do a high quality paper pep build... It's all about the end product you intend to produce.

Actually, there is no such thing as HD pepakura (ehm, really the software just went nuts).

HD file (or high poly) is getting popular just because they wanted to convert it to stl format.

Making those groove (or valley) that simulate plate thickness is something that paper maker will struggle,but it took a zap in foam.
WM is not as many "plates" as Mk8, so abs probably the most trouble some.

It is not about the quality of the work,which both of you have got incredible talent, it's just the software and the build is limiting it. with 3D printer, the quality can be increased, but I don't think a high count polygon object will do any good either (better yes, but not that much).

Not that we don't make the file for paper, it's just to much work need to be done, from designer side as well as the user side.

stealth finally finishes war machine... time to start a new project! :lol
you are going to have your own bonafide hall of armor soon stealth! better start looking for a warehouse to store em! lol

stealth finally finishes war machine... time to start a new project! :lol
you are going to have your own bonafide hall of armor soon stealth! better start looking for a warehouse to store em! lol

ugh... ah man... plus you guys and your mark 8.
I wish these ugly armors weren't growing on me... :thumbsdown

I say ugly because, I haven't seen them in much action.. I know that's going to change as more footage is released. :unsure

Bleeep,bleeeep....
Stealth? Stealth? Steaaaaaaalth!

I am not very fond of the suit either.
All I wanted is to make the shin,boot and forearm, why do I ended up making the whole suit? :facepalm
Jackie's WM is worth the try, it's sleeker, not as bulky as first WM.
Does the minigun still gonna be there?

Bleeep,bleeeep....
Stealth? Stealth? Steaaaaaaalth!

I am not very fond of the suit either.
All I wanted is to make the shin,boot and forearm, why do I ended up making the whole suit? :facepalm
Jackie's WM is worth the try, it's sleeker, not as bulky as first WM.
Does the minigun still gonna be there?

I'm pretty sure there is no more mini-gun.
I bet the new cannon on the shoulder will be some concentrated Repulsor Blast.

Also, I bet there will be some pop up forearm guns opposed to visible machine guns. too bad, it's what made the look unique and set it apart from Iron man.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! And by the way, murdoch, i dont think you were being picky at all i completely agree with you :thumbsup

Now Stealth im pretty sure i see what youre talking about. However i noticed this on the bottom of the new canon:
View attachment 125810

Now is it just me, or does it look like one of those laser warning stickers like this one
View attachment 125811

If so, that means his new weapon is a giant laser canon, which i cannot wait to see :popcorn

It LOOKS like a miniature rail-gun! Totaly awesome. I have a mk 6 helmet that has just been lying around... I haven't fiber-glassed it yet. I am definitely pepping this bad boy out before I finish the 6! Awesome work!!! :)

Wait, sorry, but maybe I missed this.
So war machine is Iron patriot or what?
I've seen the reference pics back and fourth, but it was mixed between iron patriot (red-blue-white) and WM (mostly dark grey).
So which one is which?
I don't want to build a villain suit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back