Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

Re: Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! Check out page 66!

I got the first coat of resin on the first half of my paper suit last weekend. I did it at my mom's house in the burbs (garage access) instead of my condo in the city so I havent seen it dried yet, but she said she checked on it and it looked good, so I'm excited. Unfortunately, I'm out of town until wednesday night of next week but I hope to get most of the last peices made in paper this week on the road, then finish resining the rest of them and fiberglassing the ones that I've resined next weekend. Fingers crossed and I should have some pics to go with it by next Sunday.

I got the first coat of resin on the first half of my paper suit last weekend. I did it at my mom's house in the burbs (garage access) instead of my condo in the city so I havent seen it dried yet, but she said she checked on it and it looked good, so I'm excited. Unfortunately, I'm out of town until wednesday night of next week but I hope to get most of the last peices made in paper this week on the road, then finish resining the rest of them and fiberglassing the ones that I've resined next weekend. Fingers crossed and I should have some pics to go with it by next Sunday.

Nice man, cant wait to see some pics!

Speaking of sealing.... I use a foam basketball court for my armor. My chest picture is one coat of primer and one coat of blue. No sealing the foam needed... just build and paint.

Speaking of sealing.... I use a foam basketball court for my armor. My chest picture is one coat of primer and one coat of blue. No sealing the foam needed... just build and paint.

Nice work:thumbsup

where did you find this foam basketball court stuff?

Looks good!

Toys r us website... type in basketball court and you'll see my guyver picture in review.

Nice find on that matting! When you were saying basketball court I was like WWWHHHHHAAAAAA?!?!?!

Being out of town sucks! I want to be back home working on my suit so badly... but in lighter news this makes my 20th post so I'm no longer a newb. :)

lmao, 4'x6' for $15!!

you cant beat that! whats the mm thickness?

6mm.... I use it on everything except Halo armor. It's amazing....... I used 2 pads on my IP...so I only have $55 invested so far for the full suit with paint. You won't need a heat gun either.

6mm is the sweet spot for overall IM armor pieces.
thanks for the tip, gonna buy a few rolls this weekend.

Ladman- The exoskeleton is a great idea! The arm looks good so far! Exactly how much of the exoskeleton will you make? Exited for the end result!

Ksanz- Sounds good! Looking forward to the updates!

Durkness- That looks amazing! I cant believe they are basketball court pads! It looks really clean! I think that might be the thing im going to use from now on :D So just to be clear, you just build, prime it, and paint it straight on?

So possibly big news! I got a message on Facebook (through my cosplay page) from a local convention team that saw my suit at the last Con, telling me that Disney has given them tickets to the IM3 pre-screening on the 22nd of April to fill, and they want me to bring my armour for a media/photoshoot thing on the night. They're talking entrance music (AC/DC of course) and Ironman dancers and a free ticket to the pre-screening...I'm currently feverously trying to do shift swaps at work to be able to go!! If I can get the swaps sorted out then I need to do some repair work on the suit!! Very excited and hoping I can manage to get there, if I do pics will be forthcoming I hope ;).

So possibly big news! I got a message on Facebook (through my cosplay page) from a local convention team that saw my suit at the last Con, telling me that Disney has given them tickets to the IM3 pre-screening on the 22nd of April to fill, and they want me to bring my armour for a media/photoshoot thing on the night. They're talking entrance music (AC/DC of course) and Ironman dancers and a free ticket to the pre-screening...I'm currently feverously trying to do shift swaps at work to be able to go!! If I can get the swaps sorted out then I need to do some repair work on the suit!! Very excited and hoping I can manage to get there, if I do pics will be forthcoming I hope ;).

Congratulations....

Durkness- Awesome! And hows the flexibility of the finished parts?

P4r4dox86- Dude thats too cool! Congratulations!!!

20130405_190833.jpg

Bought my son the IP am ia great dad or what? Or am i lucky to have a child that loves war machine and iron man stuff..lol..

:lol Awesome! By chance, does the bottom of the Mk 42's boots show any detail? Just to know for reference for modeling :)

Jackie, Don: Thanks guys I'm really excited!!

Don: Cool dad ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back