ARC Modding WIP

TKSteve

Hey there: so for you wiring geniuses out there, this prolly won't matter much, but some of the amateurs out there might find it helpful.

Anyways, I bought the Museum Replicas Iron Man 2 Arc, and as some of you know, the most accurate part about it, really, is the stand. It's too thick to shove under your shirt, so I was thinking about unscrewing it all and rejiggering it to wear under my Sabbath shirt.

photo-6-1.jpg

I'd reassembled the thing a couple of times before I had a better idea. I had a Think Geek Arc shirt, but since I was doing Avengers Tony, I wanted to use the light from that, and the triangle from the other. So I took that apart to see what made it tick...

photo-1-4.jpg

photo-2-4.jpg

Now I will at some point will just photocopy the triangle shape pattern and make a dupe out of cardboard for a different light source, but for now I just combined the light source from the Geek device, and the triangle and the light diffuser from the MR one...then I added a blue folder from a $1 store for tint...
photo-3-2.jpg

photo-4-2.jpg

...and voila...

arc.jpg

Not too bad for an under-the-shirt prop, nice and bright (un-retouched light here) and it keeps the triangle for Avengers, yet the ruggedness of the Think Geek's switch/battery box.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back