advice?! halloween costume on a budget *also, first pumpkin carving!!*

n0regret5

Sr Member
ok so I have a halloween party tomorrow night, and being who I am I've left it to the last minute haha :D basically I've made a real basic poncho style cloak, with some "creepy fabric" cloth as detailing (belt and scarf kinda thing) but it just seems too cheap/crappy looking. I need some real, honest criticism and feedback, anything I can do to liven it up? I've got a skull foam latex appliance to go on too, and thinking of painting my rms up (grim reaper, you see) or buying a real simple skeleton jumpsuit to go under it. I've also got a huge bag of fake spiderwebs to add to it.

its also late at night so forgive how tired I look, and how messy the place is :D

photo5-3.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

Photoon27-10-12at1203AM2.jpg

Photoon27-10-12at1203AM.jpg

Photoon27-10-12at1202AM4.jpg

Photoon27-10-12at1202AM3.jpg

and the pumpkin! my first attempt ever, pretty happy with it.

photo1-4.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

cheers for looking!

It looks pretty cool. I don't know if you're looking to make that into a recognizable costume or just do something creepy, but it's kind of hard to think of ideas on the spot like that. I suppose if I had to say something, it reminds me of a goblin or something. You could do the green goblin, or the skull idea sounded cool too. Also, nice pumpkin.

well, for those who care.. it turned out pretty good for being a ridiculous rushed budget build. had to apply the mask in less than 30 minutes so it wasn't flawless (and turns out made beer drinking next to impossible until I annexed a straw; forgot that foam latex was like a sponge!), but I was pretty happy with it. lasted most of the night before it got too much!

0d6f7284305f85c558c9fbad52dc23c6.jpg

e1cdca8d45b7050f5dfdd5dc0546079a.jpg

e3e312c540ccd23bd029821e012addf4.jpg

I'll look around for photos at the party soon.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back