Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning for The Legend of Conan

Arnold has nothing but time to work out now. He has lots of things going for him in the getting-into-shape department. Uncle Arnold has the muscle-memory, the know-how, the time, the money, the "help" he needs, all of it is his.

Remember those fat pics of Arnold that surfaced a few years ago? Those were taken in the early 2000s, right before he got the go-ahead to work out for T3, and this was the result.

l_181852_715b36d6.jpg

When I was deployed, I had a CPT on my team that was, putting it lightly, fat as hell. We followed Arnold's T3 for his workout, and in a few months (with proper diet), he shed weight, and was super-buff. And that was without all the "help" I'm sure Arnold can get.

I hear you man but the guy on your team must have been under 60 yrs old .
And not come close to taking the huge amounts of steroids Arnold did back in the day. The damage is on the inside as well.

His joints and ligaments are smoked thats never going to get better . Have you watched him walk recently he has a freakish limp and his coloring is almost ghost white.

When Arnold did t-3 some of that was movie magic it was not all Arnold .
Just like all the dudes in 300 were CG . Taking a guy who is fat and getting him fit is easier then trying to make Arnold his old self again that time has passed. I went to Mr. Olympia in NYC a few years back
and walked around for the prejudging and met a few of the past champions.

These guys were shells of themselves . They all looked like old football players who were in serious pain just sitting down shaking hands . I am a huge fan of the old Arnold
but he is gone and not coming back. If they stick to the older looking Conan like he is now and not make it about muscles the movie could be cool.

THANK YOU. After all that lot above I had started to think nobody remembered.

The beard suits him. He's not looking bad for his age at all in the real world - obviously you proud warrior musclemen types here on the internet would intimidate the heck out of poor aged Arnold, but compared to mere mortals like me he's still a pretty big feller. If I had the build he has now, versus what I do have, hell, I'd be pretty happy with that. He's still imposing.

Conan The King...about freaking time if you ask me.

THANK YOU. After all that lot above I had started to think nobody remembered.

The beard suits him. He's not looking bad for his age at all in the real world - obviously you proud warrior musclemen types here on the internet would intimidate the heck out of poor aged Arnold, but compared to mere mortals like me he's still a pretty big feller. If I had the build he has now, versus what I do have, hell, I'd be pretty happy with that. He's still imposing.

Conan The King...about freaking time if you ask me.

Cosign.......

I am wondering why would Jason Momoa would not do another Conan movie if indeed a Conan film is in the works :confused

Or would this potential "The Legend of Conan" be specifically about an older Conan ?

Or wouldn't it be cool if "The Legend of Conan" has both of them starring, by incorporating flashbacks :cool

I'd find that a bit jarring, TBH, assuming it was a sequel to the original rather than the Momoa version. Actually, either way. Sorta weird. Jason Momoa isn't young Arnold.

I'm not a hater on the Momoa version though; it was daft but not hateable IMO. I'd watch more from either camp.

I love the last scene pictured here sitting on his throne as king. Couldn't they include all the stories and make them fit? Or with the reboot, do flash backs to his younger days with the current Conan?

I've got no problem with an older Conan. Everybody ages. As long as the story is good and worth making, that's what matters.

Guys.......hes 65.....not 85. I give him a ton of credit for giving up his luxurious movie career to go into politics. That being said he is extremely smart and hard working, king Conan would be super easy for him to pull off. He know how to get in shape, even a 65 year old Arnold can and will pull off Conan.

Pass. He's well beyond his bare chested action character. He can't go back.

Agreed. He's 65, it way past time to quit action films. If this were a brief cameo in another star's vehicle it would be fine, but not a whole film.

Since this is turning towards a conversation about Arnolds' acting ability. I'd say that his mass has been a significant component to his 'acting' skills. Hoping or expecting an actor to suddenly develop great acting skills, at 65, is unheard of and an unfair expectation.

To that end, my expectations will remain low until convinced otherwise! :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back