The Mask Costume Jim Carrey Costume Contest 2012

sirbrad

Sr Member
OK added the spats and suspenders and is now complete! Was hard taking those pics myself and posing but getting used to it after all these years. I also got a yellow hat and feather, but does not fit well being I have a large head and the silicone mask is thicker as well. So will probably not use it. I like seeing the mask anyway! Will have a life-sized as well to show the clothes better and colors later on. Will be a lot fin playing this character! Sukcs that mostly I will be doing it at night but that bright yellow and green should stand out! I made the huge hammer custom colors to match the costume, was my first one and came out cool! I hope to do some videos as well and my reenactments if I get time.

Build thread: http://www.therpf.com/f24/2012-halloween-costume-contest-entry-mask-jim-160043/

imag0011rh.jpg

imag0001dh.jpg
[/URL]

imag0002dy.jpg

imag0004wx.jpg

imag0005lt.jpg

imag0006vc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

imag0008lf.jpg

Sssssmmmooookin!!

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet. The Mask is one of my favorite movies! Been on the hunt for one of those Loki masks for awhile, actually. You sir, did a great job! Good luck with the contest!

Thanks! Had another awesome night at the Catawissa Halloween parade. I was "The Mask" and everyone LOVED it! About as much if not more than my horrror characters. Was great playing a character where I can actually talk and dance around crzily, and almost everyone knew who I was esepcially the kids! Kids laughed and some were still even scared of me. Girls wanted me to hug them, take pics, video, it was CRAZY! Got a top prize as well not sure which as I did not check yet but it was a lot of fun and people were applauding me for blocks, and telling me how grat my costume was. I even heard kids ask if I was a real person or a cartoon lol. I think I heard "Ssssssssmokin" about 1,000 times and "Somebody stop him!" about 500. Even more hilarious and odd was a dog came up to me which was the same type of dog in the movie barking at me lol. I don't think anyone else was keen to that. It was a lot of fun carrying around my giant happer I made, and acting like I was gonna crush the little kids, some had such a shocked look on their faces and loved my teeth also. Was awesome!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back