Predator Costume for my 10yr old - Con photos!

Re: IndieFilmGeek 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - My Daughter as Predator 10-24 upda

that is epic could you let me know where you got the pep file from and was it hard to convert it to foam your skills are amazing im 33 but i dont suppose you'd mind adopting me please lol :p if you make costumes like that for your kids :D

Re: IndieFilmGeek 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - My Daughter as Predator 10-24 upda

that is epic could you let me know where you got the pep file from and was it hard to convert it to foam your skills are amazing im 33 but i dont suppose you'd mind adopting me please lol :p if you make costumes like that for your kids :D

I can't seem to find the link for the helmet pep file I used... I don't know if that's because it has been taken down or what. :unsure

I wanted to finish up the costume build pictures I have. The last section is the Leg Armor.

For these I didn't have any templates at all. So, I just wrapped poster board around Tia's leg and made some general templates for the foam I'd use. I didn't base these on any Predator armor I saw online, but just sorta faked it.

Here is what the foam greaves looked like prior to painting them.
8114727625_baba52cd89.jpg

8114737770_0751a18785.jpg

So, she can get her foot into the greaves, I left the back split at the bottom and just created a leather strap/clip type thing as a closure.
8114735844_e4c396c0ed.jpg

Once plasti-dipped, painted and weathered... they look like this:
8114730968_738863ac33.jpg

We hit Boo At the Zoo last night and her costume was a BIG hit!!! And while LOTS of folks took pictures with her, my phone died and I didn't get a single one!!! :behave

We have a couple small costume contests we'll be hitting today and then there's a FanBoy Expo we'll be attending this afternoon. I'll DEFINITELY make sure my phone is charged for that!!!

Stay tuned for pictures!!! :):thumbsup

Re: IndieFilmGeek 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - My Daughter as Predator 10-27 upda

are you gonna do gloves/claws?

The two major areas I'm cheating on (A LOT) are the hands and feet. Because this has to be a functional costume for Trick-or-Treating, we'll just be using some light makeup and nails for her hands and she'll be wearing some heavy boots for her feet.

One of the things I learned from Mikey's build is that it's MUCH better to sacrifice authenticity for comfort and functionality in this two areas when dealing with kids costumes! :love

Re: IndieFilmGeek 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - My Daughter as Predator 10-27 upda

Man, I am beyond impressed! I love everything about this build. And in a month?!! Great work mate! :)

Breath taking work! love the detail. Congrats on your build!!!!

Re: IndieFilmGeek 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - My Daughter as Predator - Con phot

Hit a local Comic Book Convention today with Tia. She was BIG hit and she claims today is the most exciting of her life (so far)! :):thumbsup

She won the Kids Costume Contest they ran!
8129520894_d2ec3c4748.jpg

But cooler than that, Derek Mears was at the con and she got his autograph and poised for some pictures with him and one of the professional costumers in attendance!
8129494305_7f285c7bc7.jpg

I guess that would make for a pretty exciting day... win a costume contest and then get to chat with someone that actually played a Predator in the films! :love

Re: IndieFilmGeek 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - My Daughter as Predator - Con phot

Completely amazing and inspiring!

FANTASTIC job! Good luck in the contest!!! :thumbsup

Perfect! Wow, i'm impressed

Now you just need to add on some latex claws and feet, and a shoulder mounted weapon :p As I said before though, this looks amazing man. Bravo!

Now you just need to add on some latex claws and feet, and a shoulder mounted weapon :p As I said before though, this looks amazing man. Bravo!

Although I agree with the shoulder cannon. I disagree with the latex claws and feet if you follow the aliens/predator comics you could always have her become a "Machiko Noguchi" who is a human female living with the preds. You can read about her on wiki Machiko Noguchi - Xenopedia - Aliens vs. Predator Wiki

I immediately thought of her when I saw this costume, either way Indie Great costume!

this is pretty fantastic, I have already learnt alot from this which I am gonna use to build my Mr Freeze armour.... thank you :) and well done on an AMAZING job

Got goosebumps looking at the costume, a very nice job sir :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back