*** 2012 Secret Santa Sign-up - SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED ***

Re: *** 2012 SECRET SANTA SIGN-UP - Nov. 1st Deadline ***

This will be my first exchange here and I am so excited to start! Have people posted ss build progress in the past, or should I wait until after the exchange? I have something awesome planned already, but I'm waiting to start until I know who I'm building for! Seriously, I can't wait to get going! This is so cool! Aaaghhh! Can we do this more than once? Like July?

This will be my first exchange here and I am so excited to start! Have people posted ss build progress in the past, or should I wait until after the exchange? I have something awesome planned already, but I'm waiting to start until I know who I'm building for! Seriously, I can't wait to get going! This is so cool! Aaaghhh! Can we do this more than once? Like July?

:lol

In the interest of maintaining some sort of surprise please leave any build threads for after your recipient has received their gift. ;)

Just wanted to say here that if you sent me a PM I got it. :)

Obviously I'm getting tonnes of them now so not replying to them all. Don't worry, if I need something from you I'll hassle you before the deadline. :)

Gonna start bugging people on the list who haven't PM'd me for addresses this weekend.

I'm down for this.

I like Fallout stuff the most.
I like anything Star Wars.
I also like Superheroes, specifically Batman.

I would appreciate not getting action figures and little things like that, but I'm happy to get anything.

-Nick

EDIT: I'd like to get someone who likes Star Wars, because I have a pretty neat idea.

Last edited:

I know it's not how it's intended by folks but please remember the spirit of this when you're making your list. This exchange is about GIVING more than it is about receiving.

It's one thing to say "I don't collect action figures, etc" but another to say "don't send me little things". I know it's not the intention but it sounds very ungracious.

List your interests and trust that your Santa will do their research and make/get you something that they believe you would like. Remember that the suggested dollar amount is $20, there aren't a lot of "big" things that come in that price range.

Last year I got a fantastic gift from someone who really went above and beyond and then also became a backup Santa and went above & beyond again. Also though I received a small, inexpensive Grail tablet rubbing from a mystery Santa that took it on themselves to give me a genuine surprise.

Let me be clear: I have a grail tablet, I do make my own rubbings, but THIS little paper prop has a very special place in my collection because it was selflessly given to me and the giver genuinely thought of me. One day when I finally make a grail diary that I keep THAT will be the rubbing that goes with it.

Everyone remember what this is about and we'll be just dandy. :thumbsup

I'm in! Ship domestic, please.

My interests are simple:
Green Lantern (all)
Batman (all)
Supernatural (all)
New Who (all)
Firefly/Serenity (all)

I'd appreciate no DVD's, only because I already have what I listed :-/ but anything else, store bought or made, would be awesome!!

Last Year I was a backup santa and sent gifts out to two people. One got a killer knife set the Other guy got a Halo helmet. An example of larger gifts. My gifts from my SS was A SG Atlantis ID card, some money from the Verse and some really killer Post Cards. These were what one would call small gifts that I loved and are framed. (Cept for the Verse money that is my browncoat costume pocket) To me the "Small" things I received were better in my eyes then any of the gifts that I sent out. It is the thought that counts no matter what it is. I only put down no action figures because knowing me they would go to waste and I do not want my SS to waste their money. For those that are new there is nothing like sitting back and reading the excited post that your giftee puts up saying thank you. It is wonderfull to know that you have made someones holidays a little bit brighter. Just my $0.02.

BTW if I havent said it before Thank you very much OB for getting this together and running it. I look foward to another capital year :)

Sign me up too...
Domestic Shipping (US only)

I'm not a professional prop maker, like some of the fine work on here, but I would be interested.

Interests: Star Wars, Star Trek (Voyager, First Contact, 2009 Movie), James Bond, Doctor Who (New Series), The Mummy, Indiana Jones, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Battleship (2012 Movie)

Wishlist:

New Series Sonic Screwdrivers, Sci-fi props/weapons...

Picked up the first part of my SS gift today... Can't wait to get this going! :lol

I'd love to join.

I'd prefer to stay within N America but will consider international if needed.

Interests are X-Men, Wolverine, Spiderman (most Marvel), Batman, Star Wars, no Star Trek.

I'm in, this will be a lot of fun. Just the ticket to get excited about giving in the holiday season.

Am in USA, will ship international. PM sent with details and confirming interest.

Thrilled to get anything received, likes run along the lines of reference materials about original Star Wars trilogy, SW costume greeblies, Dr. Who, Indy, but why be picky with something fun like this...

Thanks for organizing, and good luck - no good deed goes unpunished lol

Last edited:

i'm in too, i'd be happy to post anywhere but i'm UK based if that helps.

interests:
Hellboy (my fav)
Doc Who
Goonies
Firefly

Shipping:

Domestic USA/Canada, International if needed

Interests:

Star Wars
Iron Man
Lord of the Rings
Jurassic Park
Back to the Future

Just an FYI for everyone I won't be on here again until Sunday afternoon. I'll answer all questions between now and then as well as add any new folks to the list when I have computer access again. :)

I just read through the last 10 pages or so on last year's SS and saw how much work it ended up being for OB, and I just wanted to say thanks for doing this again and giving us newer members a chance to participate!

Hopefully things will go a little smoother this year...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back