Interests at the moment:
BTTF
Ghostbusters
Indiana Jones
Harry Potter
Dr Who

Not much for Paper props unless it's from bttf.:thumbsup

Re: *** 2012 SECRET SANTA SIGN-UP - Nov. 1st Deadline ***

Okay, so do you HAVE to make/send a prop? It seems that is all anyone is interested in receiving from the thread posts last year and starting off that way this year as well, kind of treating the Secret Santa like it is the PIF.

I remember last year someone even posted something to the effect, "don't send me no action figures"..........some people seemed to take it much more seriously than the fun thing it's suppose to be.

I'd like to participate, but if I were to get someone who states that they only want a prop, especially if it were only SW or Indy or the Avengers or other fairly masculine fare, I'd be disappointing the receiver.

Shylaah

sign me up...U.S. shipping please

Aliens
Robocop
Dexter
Judge Dredd
Iron Man
'66 and '89 Batman

Okay, so do you HAVE to make/send a prop? It seems that is all anyone is interested in receiving from the thread posts last year and starting off that way this year as well, kind of treating the Secret Santa like it is the PIF.

I remember last year someone even posted something to the effect, "don't send me no action figures"..........some people seemed to take it much more seriously than the fun thing it's suppose to be.

I'd like to participate, but if I were to get someone who states that they only want a prop, especially if it were only SW or Indy or the Avengers or other fairly masculine fare, I'd be disappointing the receiver.

Shylaah

We only state what sort of interest we have to help the sending Santa if he/she don't know what our interest are. We don't demand that the santa must send us exactly that thing from our interest list.

Im happy to get whatever the santa decides to give.

Sign me up, US shipping

likes,
anything nerdy lol
superman
iron man
star trek
vampires
zombies
nascar

Shylaah

Everyone should be very clear that this is NOT a prop swap and I believe most people have that understanding. What I see here is people saying what themes they like which is totally fine. For instance, if you get matched with someone who says they like Indy there are loads of things that would work with that interest that aren't props. There are Indy books, mugs, t-shirts, CD's, trinkets, toys, etc. Or you could make something specifically for them.

For instance, last year I was matched with a Star Wars fan who also said he liked RMQ and R2D2. I made him a painting of the RMQ R2. Not a prop but directly in his theme of interest. Another member received a Bobble Head of their avatar, yet another received a My Little Pony dressed up as the Doctor from Doctor Who.

Don't take someone saying "no action figures please" as being ungrateful. Just as someone who would rather not receive action figures as they don't collect them. My usual line is "I don't collect action figures so if I receive any they'll go to my kids. :)".

Would I be disappointed if I got an action figure? Certainly not, it just means that my Santa decided my kids needed a little extra this Christmas. :)

A lot of people get really stressed over what to send their recipient. Please don't! Just do a little research into their posts/interests and get them something you think they would like. NO PRESSURE. Anyone coming on here saying "What the hell? I asked for a lightsaber and I got a Star Wars book" is going to get a good talking to from me regarding what this exchange is really about.

Last but not least everyone should understand that with the average gift being about $20 there are precious few props in that price range. Feel free to ask for outlandish things but make sure you have some reasonable items on your wish list as well. :thumbsup

I'll say last year and ill say it again this year; I think a handmade gift would be creaking awesome to receive! I remember paintings and a particular Cheshire Cat from Lois that I would have been absolutely ecstatic to receive. Those are the kinds of gifts I love seeing from this community. :):thumbsup

I'll say last year and ill say it again this year; I think a handmade gift would be creaking awesome to receive! I remember paintings and a particular Cheshire Cat from Lois that I would have been absolutely ecstatic to receive. Those are the kinds of gifts I love seeing from this community. :):thumbsup

Yeah, i got this very nice hand painted Dr Who painting last year (amongs other things).

I can't speak for anyone than myself, but for me it doesn't matter if it is prop or not.

Case in point, This was what I got last year, and honestly it is one of the coolest things in my collection.

Doctor%2520Pony%25202.JPG

My SS put alot of thought into my gift. They knew I liked Doctor Who and got me something unique and something I never knew existed. It is not a prop, but it sits promently among all my Who Props. In fact, Doctor Whooves has visited the other ponies that my daughter has and she thinks it is awesome that Daddy has a pony to play with her.

I personally like to give the present(s) more than getting the present(s). Ask Orange_Blend about how long I have been asking him about when he was going to get things started this year. Yes, I go overboard. Yes, I add crazy extras in my packaging (Ask EveningArwen and Dbalschi, about suffering with the notes in their presents from last year). Why do I do this? Because I think it is fun to do so.

Shylaah, I encourage you to participate.

On a side note, I really hope the few that had issues last year, will participate this year.

Shylaah

Sign me up!

US-based but okay with int'l.

I like James Bond, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (same author and production company as Bond), Fantastic Voyage (film), Wild Wild West (series or movie .... ya, I know), Austin Powers, 1/6 scale (non-military), 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea or anything Steampunk, Lost in Space (classic), sci-fi props in general ... oh, and 007 (working that in twice would be a hint).

May be the only gift exchange I'm do this year ...

Last edited:

It seems that is all anyone is interested in receiving from the thread posts last year and starting off that way this year as well, kind of treating the Secret Santa like it is the PIF.

2. When you sign up you must state whether you wish to ship domestically or internationally (please include what country is "domestic" in your post). In your post you're also free to include your interests and a wish list to help your gift giver with ideas. By all means post "wishful thinking" wants but also put some realistic ideas in there too.

I'm in. I prefer US shipping, but if there's a need, I could ship overseas.
I'd like to offer a hint to anyone at a loss for gift ideas. Do a search for threads your recipient has participated in or started. It will give you a better idea of what they like, things they've made or already have, and what they're looking for. I've done that every year, and I think I've come up with pretty good matches so far.
If this is your first year participating, jump in some threads or start some so your Santa can get to know a little bit about you, outside of what you post in this thread.
Anyone who gets a gift from me will receive something I make, unless I see something that is absolutely perfect while I'm out shopping. This is one of the few times I really get to make super-geeky gifts and it's fun to see what I can come up with.
Things I collect - Super heroes(mostly DC, especially Batman & Robin, Wonder Woman, JSA and I've been reading a lot of the Doom Patrol lately. I like some Marvel books, but mostly 60s Fantastic Four and Iron Man.), Twilight Zone(have the entire series on BluRay, but would LOVE some prop items), Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Dr Who(mostly the current series right now), classic films and old monster movie stuff, Mego figures, MST3k. I have most of the modern superhero figures I'm looking for, but I love kitschy old stuff. I also have a thing for hats and headgear in general.

Domestic, US please.

Interest:
Indy
Batman
LOTR
Avengers

Im in! Shippingto the US! PM sent!

Intrest:

Star wars (Mainly C3-PO related)
Doctor Who
BTTF
and
Halo

Count me in too! I'm excited to get started on my gift!
US/Canada shipping please
My interests are anything related to:
Alfred Hitchcock, Monty Python, Twilight Zone,Football, Music, Funny, Scary, Wierd, Stuff (I really like stuff)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back