My sorta finished Chewbacca costume

Agreed........the entire mouth section needs to be tilted (back of mouth tilted up, front of mouth tilted down). At this stage, I don't know how you'd even be able to do it.

Other than that......it really looks nice.

Dave :)

quote"he looks so sad. lol"

it may look that way, but when the mouth opens it shows a smile. ;) In order to show different emotions whether the mouth is open or closed. The undermask from the original was made and designed in the same manner. I can refer pictures if u like. :) The hands are just gloves with hair over it, i might add nails and latex the finger parts down the road, but since you really dont see them dont know if its worth doing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(takevin @ Nov 21 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]1362936[/snapback]</div>
hair=$140
shirt/pants=$20 bucks
boots=$30
wood to raise the boots=$5
foam for boots/feet=$15
clay, molding, casting materials=$140.00
hot glue=free from where i work otherwise =50
misc=$20
fans, amp, sound effect=$150.00 did get the sound board for free too.
=$580.00 abouts,

time to assemble=$hundreds lol
[/b]

Making children smile ear to ear = Priceless

Great job, Kevin. The costume rocks..

And just to reiterate my reply to your PM, take your time in making any adjustments. In my experience, it is best to wear the costume several times first, work out any functional kinks, and during that time evaluate how the costume looks in photographs in different lighting, different settings, etc. (I did this over the course of a few months.) This will allow the hair to "settle in", and will give you a much better perspective on the entire costume, as to what tweaks if any you want to make.

In the meantime, just enjoy the fruits of your hard work, by making those kids smile ear to ear. :thumbsup

The Wook

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back