MGM closes its archives.....props go to liquidators.

The Prop Stop

Sr Member
MGM closes its archives …… for good. | the propstop's world of entertainment memorabilia

After doing some digging around whilst talking to Premiereprops about MGM It seems that many of its operations are in fact closing down, or have already closed.

MGM of course was also responsible for Stargate SG1 and much of that material has already been sold off by VIP and Propworx.

This is why PP recently sold off the WOPR computer from Wargames 2, and also why Hollwood Parts currently has loads of items from movies past and present of MGM, including these beautiful pieces below. I spoke to Matt and he confirmed that almost the entire archive has been given to them for disposal.

Last edited:
Yeah, there was a WarGames 2, and the WOPR that PP sold was specifically made for that movie (you can actually screen-match it). The original WOPR was dismantled and trashed after filming...

Its ok...being a source of information and never getting thanked is routine when you run a blog. Having said that I do enjoy troiling the internet and see no reason not to share.

But yes there was a wargames 2...and why did we all forget.

It was forgettable...lol.

But yes there was a wargames 2...and why did we all forget.

It was forgettable...lol.

To be completely honest, first I heard of it was someone posting here that the WOPR in the auction was from 2 not 1... Never knew they even made it. Must be THAT good... :lol

There was actually a great deal of theft in the MGM archive, which I discovered and reported to the COO of MGM. They investigated and fired the Archive staff.

Alec

MGM closes its archives …… for good. | the propstop's world of entertainment memorabilia

After doing some digging around whilst talking to Premiereprops about MGM It seems that many of its operations are in fact closing down, or have already closed.

MGM of course was also responsible for Stargate SG1 and much of that material has already been sold off by VIP and Propworx.

This is why PP recently sold off the WOPR computer from Wargames 2, and also why Hollwood Parts currently has loads of items from movies past and present of MGM, including these beautiful pieces below. I spoke to Matt and he confirmed that almost the entire archive has been given to them for disposal.

I got a lot of great pieces from Matt during this liquidation, but the prices were EXTREMELY high...but I guess that's the price you have to pay for some of these MGM gems..

It was a sequel made like 30 years after #1 in other words no its not any good it was a quick cash grab like all current releases! sadly I have no hope for episode 7 since most movies now are release and are so awesome there forgotten in 2 weeks after release... not many movies can be considered a stand out movie since the late 90s

(Man of steel stands out to me though, even if it had no Big budget sound track to carry it)

War games 2 was just OK. The biggest thing to me wa they did not get John Wood back to reprise the role of professor Falken. Used another actor.

The WOPR was done really well, IMHO, and I enjoyed those scenes.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back